Nothing beats the snug feeling of keeping your toes warm and cozy in fluffy slippers, especially on chilly nights or during the cold winter months. Or perhaps you want to avoid walking on the floor bare feet. However you look at it, slippers are a useful item to have all year round, particularly now that many of us spend more time at home.
A great pair of house slippers can be a valuable addition to your overall comfort at home. The clog is one of the slipper styles that are just right to keep your feet warm and protect them. Here is a look at the best women's clog slippers to help you find a fuzzy pair that keeps you comfier in your home.
What Are Clog Slippers?
Clogs are a kind of footwear with a closed front slip-on design that provides a significant level of foot coverage while still letting the user put it on with ease. Typically, they are made of suede uppers, a memory foam cushioned insole and a sturdy rubber sole.
Clog slippers can be both lightweight or heavy, it all depends on what you prefer. They are generally meant to be comfortable and warm, as well as suitable for outdoor and indoor use. So not only are they convenient for their purpose but also pretty versatile.
What's the Difference Between Sheepskin, Shearling and Faux Fur?
You'll come across these terms when you're shopping for slippers, and it can get quite confusing if you're unfamiliar with them:
- Shearling is obtained from a lamb or young sheep. It has suede on one side and fur still attached to the suede on the other. Shearling is treated and dyed to turn it into apparel items, such as slippers.
- Sheepskin is quite similar to shearling. The only difference is sheepskin comes from older sheep, so the suede is not as soft as shearling.
Both shearling and sheepskin are breathable and moisture-wicking, so they keep your feet warm and dry. However, these materials are often not machine washable. Plus, shearling can be quite expensive.
- Faux Fur is made from synthetic materials. Therefore, they are normally cheaper compared to the previous two materials. Some of them are also machine washable. However, they tend not to have the best breathability or moisture-wicking, so your feet might sweat slightly.
Here are the best women's clog slippers on the market:
1. UGG Fluff Yeah Slide Slipper
- Available in whole sizes only. If between sizes, please order 1/2 size down from your usual size.
- 10mm sheepskin upper
- 10mm sheepskin lining and insole
- Elastic strap with UGG graphic. 1.5" heel height
- Sheepskin-wrapped midsole
The UGG Fluff Yeah slippers have a cult following, including several celebrities who've been spotted wearing them. They come in an open-toe shoe design that looks extremely stylish. Moreover, they're made of rich, 100% genuine sheepskin, giving your feet supreme comfort and breathability.
Fluff Yeah Slippers are a cross between a fuzzy slipper, a poolside and a sandal. Therefore, they are fairly easy to slip on and off. They also have the option of an elastic strap around the ankle for more support. Their thick platform sole is sturdy and durable and offers good traction, with minimal slippage even on wet floors.
These superb slippers come in a range of colors to match the plush composition. However, Fluff Yeah Slippers might not be ideal on really cold days since the open toe does not keep your toes very warm. That said, they do have enough room if you decide to wear them with socks.
2. UGG Women's Ansley Slipper
- Available in whole sizes only. If between sizes, please order 1/2 size up from your usual size.
- 17mm wool lining
- 17mm UGGpure wool insole
- Molded rubber outsole for indoor/outdoor use
- Water resistant suede upper
The UGG Women's Ansley Slipper comes with a shoe-like design, therefore surrounds your whole foot with plenty of shearling from heel to toe. The full coverage and shoe-like appearance mean these slippers are equally useful outdoors. Plus, the flexible rubber bottom sole means they're pretty comfortable to walk in.
The shearling interior gives the impression that your feet are warmly wrapped in a cozy cloud. They might take a few wears to break in, but once they stretch out, these slippers are quite comfortable and secure on your feet. However, it's worth considering the full shoe fit makes these slippers a bit trickier to slip on and off. But that also makes them ideal for daytime wear if you're not taking them on and off frequently.
3. Dearfoams Women's Sydney Scuff
- LUXURY FOR EVERYONE: Made with 100% Australian shearling, our Fireside sheepskin slippers and boots collection is crafted with everyday luxury in mind at an affordable price that is competitive with...
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR: All-natural conditioning properties work in concert with our tried-and-true durable, lightweight, indoor/outdoor EVA outsoles to put the finishing touches on these luxe shearling...
- EASY ON/OFF: Made for all-day versatility, our easy to slip on designs are meant for the busiest of days - whether you are lounging around, at the store, or all across town our Fireside slippers will...
- MOISTURE WICKING: All-natural sheepskin fibers absorb moisture and evaporate quickly helping your feet stay comfortable throughout the day.
- TEMPERATURE REGULATING: Stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer - our 100% genuine sheepskin lining naturally adjusts to your body temperature making it a great blend of insulated and...
Dearfoams are probably one of the brands that offer similar slipper quality and materials as UGG. The Sydney slippers are made of 100% Australian sheepskin. They also have plenty of fur in the interior to keep your feet warm and dry.
Most users have applauded how well these slippers feet, as well as the ease of sliding on and off. The sole is built for both indoors and outdoors, making them ideal for running errands too. However, the sole is fairly stiff, so the slippers don't fully bend with feet as you walk.
4. WateLves Women's Memory Foam Slippers
- SOFT KNIT UPPER & PLUSH LINING: Featuring a breathable cable knit design w/ stylish faux fur collar trim, lined with thickening polar fleece for an extra layer of warmth and moisture-wicking, which...
- MEMORY FOAM INSOLE: The memory foam insole makes these slippers soft and flexible. Comfortably treat your feet to our plush memory foam footbed after all-day standing or walking. They offers lasting...
- SUPERIOR & ANTI-SKID RUBBER SOLE: The sole is ergonomically designed to provide foot support and fit to the curve of the foot. The weight of the body is evenly distributed to relieve the pressure on...
- MULTIPLE OPTIONS & EASY MAINTENANCE: Easy to Slip on. Available in sizes Small, Medium, Large and X-Large; Available in your choice of Black, Blue and Gray. This slippers are the perfect shoes for...
- HOUSE ESSENTION: WateLves house footwear perfect for relaxing your feet at home after a long day work, taking out the trash, watering the lawn and fetching the morning paper,etc. These slippers will...
These backless, cable knit slippers are the perfect blend of comfort and style. They come with a comfy memory foam insole and a footbed that provides relief from feet fatigue and soreness. The fleece interior is both warm and moisture-wicking to keep your feet dry. Plus, the faux fur collar adds an extra layer of coziness to your feel.
These slippers have an anti-skid sole to give you great traction for everyday use. They are also machine-washable for added convenience, and air dry them afterward. They're available in women's sizes 5 to 12, but the sizing is not usually specific.
5. Minnetonka Women's Chesney Slippers
- SLIPPER EXPERTISE: Each pair of our scuff slippers for women are a product of countless years of delivering exceptional footwear through rich heritage and tradition and a continuously evolving design...
- SNUG FIT: Our scuff women's slippers runs true to size; Using our chart, you'll find the right size before finalizing your purchase; Remember that if you have different foot sizes, choose the larger...
- MODISH AND CHIC: These fuzzy house slippers for women don a unique backless style featuring a suede exterior, polyester lining, flexible soles, and a fashionable faux shearling lining
- EASY CARE: You'll only need to spot clean these indoor slippers for women and you're good to go, no need to use special products just to get those pesky soot and grime out of your ladies scuff...
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: these easy to slip on and off women's scuff slippers are made with thick and flexible soles which are perfect for indoor and outdoor wear; the EVA outsoles also provides good...
The Minnetonka Chesneys come with a soft faux fur lining. It's remarkably comfortable and keeps your feet warm throughout. The outsoles are made for both indoors and outdoors, yet they are still flexible and light to make it easy to walk in the slippers. On top of that, they're usually true to size, giving you a perfect fit.
However, the soles feel a bit hard underneath, which can be a little uncomfortable for some but not unbearable. Furthermore, the faux fur can make your feet feel kind of clammy after a couple of hours of wearing them. Nevertheless, they won't make you feel as sweaty as other faux fur slippers.
Factors to Consider in the Best Women's Clog Slippers
There's no point in wearing uncomfortable clog slippers. Memory foam cushioned insoles are ideal because they quickly contour to your feet such that it feels like you're walking on pillows. A cushioned insole also offers more support, thus minimizing stress on your feet.
A plush, skin-friendly and moisture-wicking lining helps to keep your feet warm and dry from sweat so that you're always comfortable. Moreover, a good pair of clog slippers should slip on and off with ease. Similarly, a proper fit goes hand in glove with comfort, so ensure you get the right size for your feet.
To even better all-day comfort, you can consider clog slippers with extra cushioning. This helps distribute shock and impact with the ground, thus relieving pressure on your feet. Foams, gels and carbons are the common cushioning materials for slippers.
The material used to make clog slippers determines its comfort and durability. It should provide sufficient warmth to the wearer's feet while also waterproof to keep the feet dry.
A suede upper is an excellent choice for clog slippers. It's simple yet stylish while also sturdy enough for long-term use. However, suede clog slippers are relatively heavier than those with knitted uppers.
Woolen knit uppers are soft and comfortable, which allows you to feel comfortable as soon as you wear them. The material is also quite lightweight, allowing for effortless walking. However, they tend to feel a bit too snug initially, but the wool material fits better after a few days of wearing.
The outsole is one of the most essential features for a shoe's safety and stability. Most slippers come with a durable rubber outsole that provides grip and traction to avoid slipping and sliding on various surfaces. It also helps absorb shocks and impacts for more comfortable, cushioned steps.
4. Floor Hardness
The harder the floor, the thicker the slippers' soles should be. This is particularly important if you have hardwood floors or any other kind of uncovered hard surface. However, it's not a major concern if you have a carpet.
Clog slippers can get quite warm when worn for extended periods. Therefore, you'll want a pair with decent breathability so that your feet don't get sweaty. Bad odor is the last thing you want to deal with when looking for comfort at home.
6. Ease of Cleaning
It's also important to consider the ease of cleaning. Ideally, you want clog slippers that you clean by wiping the upper with a soft cloth and washing the interior with soap. These shoes should also dry more quickly. On the other hand, you can opt for a machine-washable pair if you're looking for more convenience.
How to Clean Clog Slippers
When cleaning your clog slippers, it's always best to follow the manufacturer's instructions. A few products are machine washable, but some slippers come without any care instructions. Generally, that means they shouldn't be machine- or hand-washed.
Some clog slippers are spot-clean only, so you only clean the stained areas. We recommend using a suede and leather cleaning kit or a slightly damp rag for spot cleaning. It's best to first test on a small patch that's not too visible in case it stains, then allow it to dry. Then, if you're satisfied with the results, you can proceed to clean the entire stained area.
While spot cleaning is the logical option if your clog slippers come without cleaning instructions, you still have to be extremely careful with materials like suede, genuine shearling and leather that stain very easily. If you're having problems cleaning your slippers, you can always take them to a professional cleaner.
What Other Style Can You Consider?
Clog slippers are not the only comfortable shoes you can buy to lounge around the house. You can also consider the following options:
a). Mule or Scuff Slipper
Mules are slip-on shoes with a closed-toe design but lack a back or constraint around the heel. They come in various options; flat- and high-heeled, kitten heels and espadrilles.
Mules or scuff slippers are generally comfy with a padded footbed and lining so that your feet don't hurt even after wearing them for too long. That means they can also be worn outdoors.
Loafers are low, slip-on shoes that typically have no laces. The ankle joint is usually exposed, so you don't need to worry about the fit being too tight on your ankle. The sole is normally separate from the upper, giving you more durability.
The upper vamp has a moccasin-like construction and sometimes sports a leather strip across. Furthermore, loafers have low heels to elevate your height slightly while still allowing for comfort.
Moccasins are pretty similar to loafers. However, they don't have a separate sole or a defined heel, often featuring beading or embroidery on the uppers.
Soft sole moccasins are ideal for indoors but can also be worn outdoors if you avoid wet areas. However, they don't offer as much traction as hard sole moccasins. Nevertheless, these can be worn on all kinds of surfaces.
d). Boot Slippers
Boot slippers are best suited to people whose main priority is keeping their feet as warm as possible. They cover the feet and ankles completely, yet still lightweight and easy to walk around in. They also have great breathability to prevent sweat from building up. Boot slippers are best suited for indoor use.
e). Outdoor Slippers
Outdoor slippers come with a tough sole so that they can be worn even in wet conditions. They are also designed to be lightweight and comfortable, best suited for people who spend most of their days on their feet.
f). Orthopedic Slippers
Orthopedic slippers include support in the insoles to provide an extra brace for people with back or heal pain. The materials vary from product to product, but the common ones include padded and gel insoles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Women's Clog Slippers
1. Is it unhealthy to wear slippers all day?
Walking barefoot on hard surfaces for long periods can strain your arches, potentially leading to plantar heel pain or fat pad atrophy. Therefore, if your slippers offer ample support, you can wear them for extended periods without any risks.
That being said, while they offer some level of cushioning, they don't offer the full foot and ankle support required to perform physical activities. Therefore, slippers are best worn for lounging around and maybe casual errands. Get a more stable and supportive shoe if your day involves plenty of walking and standing.