Walking is our most common way of movement and is recommended as one of the best forms of exercise. Whether you are running an errand or taking a daily walking exercise, comfort is key to avoiding sore feet and maintaining good posture while walking. Good shoes make the process feel natural and enjoyable. Let us explore the best walking sneakers for maximum comfort and functionality.
Best Walking Sneakers
1. New Balance Walking Shoes
- Comfy Walking Companion: The 411v1 walking shoes from New Balance are lightweight and reliable trainers that can take you from your daily walks to your weekend outings with ease
- Cushioned Support: These comfortable walking shoes feature a soft lining and cushioned insoles underfoot for the support you need to enjoy your active lifestyle
- Lightweight Leather: Designed with daily wear in mind, this leather walking shoe features breathable mesh materials to help keep feet cool and comfortable
- Cover More Ground: These New Balance walking shoes are crafted with durable rubber outsoles to help provide all-day comfort and support on a variety of surfaces
- Your Everyday Shoe: Enjoy the comfort, style and durability of a casual walking shoe with a versatile and sporty silhouette that easily complements your everyday wear
New Balance walking shoes deliver comfort all day without faltering. The shoes have a comfortable rubber outsole for a good grip on the road. A good grip reduces the risk of any accidents that might occur due to slipping and boosts the walking technique.
New Balance is lightweight and makes walking feel natural and effortless. Your feet will not feel sore even after daily walks. The walking shoes have an ultra-responsive ride because of the soft cushioning from the DynaSoft midsole. The midsole provides maximum shock absorption that protects the foot against any injuries or bruises.
As you walk, the foot hits the ground from the heel ending with the toe. This process can apply pressure to the heel and further into the lumbar system. New Balance prevents joint pains by getting rid of the pressure that could be transferred from the ground to the body. Comfort improves performance as you will focus more on the walk and not the shoes. The shoes for walking have an EVA foam insert that increases comfort in the underfoot for additional comfort.
Walking causes the foot to sweat as it is a physical activity. However, New Balance shoes have a breathable mesh upper that keeps the feet dry and fresh all day. The mesh prevents the feet from sweating or creating an environment for bacteria to thrive. As a result, your feet will not develop any bad odor even with everyday walks. In addition, new Balance shoes are comfortable enough to be used as running shoes as the technique between walking and running is largely related.
2. ASICS Gel walking Shoe
ASICS gel offers the long-lasting stability that everyone needs during their daily walks. The shoes are not only good-looking but functional as well. ASICS gel shoes have maximum cushioning and support for painless feet after long walks. Walking involves joint and muscle movements. ASICS are lightweight and flexible, making the walking process feel as natural as the body intends for it to be.
The pair of shoes are neutral to under-pronation and are perfect for anyone with challenges, including plantar fasciitis. The ASICS shoes keep your feet grounded with their flexible response during the walking process. The shoes have an 8 mm heel-to-toe drop that makes walking more natural and seamless. The walking shoes have a padded tongue and collar for comfort on the top of the foot.
ASICS are the best shoes for anyone who walks every day as they have the Ortholite sock-liner that provides maximum underfoot support, moisture management, and support. The shoes are created and maintained using fabric and synthetic, which are lightweight for all-day use. The shoes feature a large toe box that is enough for you to wiggle your toes and walk comfortably. The midsole has been engineered for durability and stability.
3. Brooks Addiction Walking Shoes
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width, "EE" = Wide width, "B" = Narrow width, "EEEE" = Extra wide width
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar strategically supports your arch to guide and keep your body in its natural path of motion.
- SLIP-RESISTANT, SECURE FIT: The forefoot MC Pod construction and an innovative outsole sets your foot in an efficient, balanced, and stable position.
- SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA adapts to your stride, weight and speed, to make every step comfortable.
- LONG-LASTING: Both comfortable and durable, this shoe with a full-grain leather upper will be a staple to your wardrobe.
Brooks shoes are the epitome of walking sneakers. The shoes are made of 100% leather that is durable and good-looking. The shoes have maximum support from the extended progressive Diagonal Rollbar. The shoes offer support for the arches and the lumbar system improving posture and encouraging more walking by placing the body in its natural form of motion.
The shoes are slip-resistant, making walking a safe exercise to undertake in any weather condition. The walking sneakers have a forefoot Mc Pod construction which is an innovative outsole. The sole sets foot in a balanced, efficient, and stable position. The shoes have memory foam for maximum cushioning.
The walking shoes feature a BioMoGo DNA technology that adapts to your strides as you walk for stability and efficiency. Brooks is the best walking shoe for anyone with large feet or plantar fasciitis. The wide toe box allows for wiggle room and prevents the feet from feeling claustrophobic.
4. HOKA One Bondi 7 Walking Sneakers
- Breathable open engineered textile mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays
- Breathable textile lining for abrasion-free wear
- Removable textile lined, foam padded insole for cushioning and support
- Durable full-length EVA midsole to absorb shock and offer stability
- Durable synthetic sole with rubber inserts for grip
Hoka has the best walking shoes for anyone looking for maximum comfort. The shoes have an ethylene-vinyl acetate sole that is lightweight and offers maximum grip on the road. The walking shoes are strong and durable.
Hoka offers maximum comfort for anyone with painful flat feet or plantar fasciitis. The shoes have an open engineered mesh construction that delivers a breathable, fresh environment that is odorless. The shoes allow moisture to evaporate into the atmosphere and not soak the feet and creating an environment that allows bacteria to grow. The shoes have a memory foam collar that cradles the ankle for maximum comfort around the collar.
Hoka One Bondi 7 are stylish and look sleek on the feet adding the much-needed confidence for daily exercise. The shoes have TPU overlays that provide extra midfoot structure and support for internal comfort. Hoka are the best walking shoes with full-length compression-molded EVA midsole, and the shoes have an early-stage Meta-rocker for a comfortable, smooth ride.
5. Sketchers Performance Go Walk
- Get the maximum comfort and cushioning for athletic walking with the Skechers GOwalk Max. Mesh fabric upper with cushioned, supportive sole design. Designed with Skechers Performance technology and...
- UPPER: Super lightweight mesh fabric upper for ideal fit. Solid weave mesh fabric toe and heel panels for stability. Synthetic overlay at laces for added durability. Extra padded heel for walking...
- MIDSOLE/CUSHION: 5GEN sole - proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact. Skechers GOwalk Max midsole and outsole for high level cushioning and support.
- INSOLE: Goga Max technology insole for maximum support and cushioning. Features high-rebound cushioning with responsive feedback. Combines a proprietary 'SQUISH' component with our exclusive material.
- MACHINE WASHABLE shoe design - wash on gentle cycle cold, hang to air dry. WEIGHT: Radically lightweight 7 1/2 oz. in a men's size 9.
Sketchers is made up of 100% textile with a synthetic sole that is lightweight and flexible. The shoes have a mesh fabric upper that is breathable and flexible. The shoes have a 5-generation mid-sole cushion that has a lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention. The shoes have a memory foam that creates maximum comfort for the feet. The shoes have a GOwalk Max midsole and outsole for extra cushioning.
Sketchers shoes have been made for athletic walking that involves speed and technique. The shoes have a padded collar for comfort around the ankles to avoid injury. The shoes have a solid weave mesh fabric and heel panels for stability and lumbar support. Sketchers have a shaft that measures low-top from the arch.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Walking Shoes
a) Memory Foam
Walking shoes need to be comfortable. Memory foams make the interior of the shoes conform to the shape of your feet for maximum efficiency and good fit. Shoes with memory fit are good for people with different feet, wide feet, plantar fasciitis, and painful feet. The memory foam reduces the wobbling of shoes and hence reduced bruising when wearing the shoes. As a result, you can have the shoes perfectly fit your feet without experiencing any discomfort.
b) Breathable Upper Mesh
Breathable fabric is the best feature you can find in walking shoes. The body perspires under any physical activity. As you walk actively, your feet tend to sweat because the shoes are closed, and there is additional heat trapped in the shoes. A breathable mesh makes it possible for sweat to evaporate into the atmosphere.
While sweat evaporates, the process cools the legs and keeps your feet fresh. No sweat means that your feet will be dry, and the shoes will not be damp. Damp shoes create an environment that harbors bacteria that cause bad odor from the feet. To avoid this, look for shoes that have a breathable upper mesh.
When you walk, your feet go through an active process that involves the heel and the toe. The heel gets in contact with the ground first; then the heel follows to push you forward. This movement is a natural process that the features of the leg allow when walking. When stiff shoes strain the walking process, muscles and joints become stressed. Too much stress on the joints leads to pain after walking for periods. Muscles can end up being pulled when strained for a long time.
Pain causes a bad walking posture as the body tries to accommodate the discomfort. Bad posture can cause back pains. Shoes that are not flexible can cause bruises at the back of the heel as there will be too much friction going on during movement. The tongue of the shoe will create discomfort on the ankle as well. Shoes need to be flexible for you to use them daily and for your technique to improve.
When you walk, the foot hits the ground, and your whole body puts its weight on the leg. This action leads to high pressure as the sole of your feet are a small area compared to the weight your body carries. High pressure is transferred from the ground to your body through your feet.
Shoes with good outsoles on a walking or running shoe will protect the foot by reducing the pressure. The spongy sole helps absorb the pressure and reduce it to levels that will not cause injury to the foot. Shoes with good cushioning on the inner sole are good for flat feet, painful feet, and everyone who walks frequently. Cushioning makes it comfortable enough to focus on the goal at hand.
The sole will be your contact with the ground. A good outsole should have the maximum grip to tackle any surface. When the ground is soggy and wet, there is a high risk of getting an accident by slipping. Apart from tackling wet surfaces, the shoes help with technique for athletic walkers. A good grip on the ground increases your speed and agility on the road.
A warranty helps you when you are not satisfied with the shoes once you buy them. You should not be stuck with a product you do not like. A warranty shows how well a company values its products and handles the clients. Good shoes will be helpful, while a bad pair of shoes will be detrimental to your health in the long run. You can not afford to gamble with your health and fitness.