Are you looking to enjoy pain-free activities like hiking or taking a walk every day, which can be very beneficial to your body, but you can't seem to find the best walking shoes for men? The most suitable shoes for men should be a perfect fit and well-constructed, supportive, offer maximum comfort and comfort, and keep in mind that not all shoes will fit the same. However, you can choose to walk around in a stylish shoe, and it can range from something sporty to something modern and vintage that will ooze street appeal and be a great addition to your wardrobe as a man.
However, shopping for the best men's walking shoes can be a hectic process because many brands claim to be the best, and different shoes are the best for different feet types. Therefore, we have curated a list of the best-cushioned pair of walking shoes you will be able to find in the market with their pros and cons. We have also included a detailed buying guide to guide you to know what to look for before purchasing your hiking, trail running, or casual walk shoes.
1. New Balance Men's 608 V5
- ABZORB midsole absorbs impact through a combination of cushioning and compression resistance
- IMEVA (injection-molded EVA foam) midsole for firm yet flexible cushioning
- Internal midsole shank adds midfoot structure and support
- Leather upper
- Phantom Liner interior has minimal seaming to help reduce irritation
New Balance Men's pair of shoes is a favorite for people with wide feet as it comes with extra room for men with wide feet or who want to use orthotics. It is among the best shoes in the market and is available in different width options meaning it will be a good option for various feet sizes and comes in different color options to match your wardrobe and style. In addition, the new Balance Men's features an Abzorb midsole that gives you a bouncy feel with every step and adds on energy when walking, and is at the same time supportive, durable, and comfortable.
New Balance has been made with materials of high-grade leather upper with a grippy and non-marking outsole, and these shoes are suitable for use on all surfaces and weather conditions. New Balance can qualify as everyday casual wear and fitness wear with a sleek style. Each pair of New Balance Men's 608 V5 comes with an ergonomically designed outsole that will offer maximum flexibility and better mobility when in motion.
2. Nike Air Monarch IV
- MEN'S LEATHER SNEAKERS: Leather upper features overlays for support and perforations for airflow.
- COMFORTABLE TRAINING: Foam Phylon midsole and full-length encapsulated Air-Sole unit cushions for comfort and support.
- NATURAL MOTION: Solid rubber outsole is durable and provides traction over varied surfaces.
- LIGHTWEIGHT GYM SHOE: Mesh shoe tongue enhances breathability and heel pull tab helps with easy on and off
- NIKE MEN'S SHOE: Imported and man made with synthetic sole
Nike Air Monarch IV sneakers is one of the best sneakers for high arches with high support and a strong grip making the walking shoes suitable for cross-training but keep in mind that it has a classic look. The shoe has a durable leather upper and a phylon midsole that offers maximum support and also has paneling and perforation to enable cooling airflow and an ergonomic fit. Being one of Nike's sneakers, all men are guaranteed to enjoy maximum comfort with lightweight foam and Nike Air cushioning.
Nike Air Monarch IV walking sneakers also feature rubber outsoles that maximize the traction and grip while hiking, trail running, or taking casual walks. These sneakers make perfect everyday wear for running errands, exercising at the gym because they can match any style and withstand extreme temperatures.
3. Skechers Performance Go-Walk Max
- Get the maximum comfort and cushioning for athletic walking with the Skechers GOwalk Max. Mesh fabric upper with cushioned, supportive sole design. Designed with Skechers Performance technology and...
- UPPER: Super lightweight mesh fabric upper for ideal fit. Solid weave mesh fabric toe and heel panels for stability. Synthetic overlay at laces for added durability. Extra padded heel for walking...
- MIDSOLE/CUSHION: 5GEN sole - proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact. Skechers GOwalk Max midsole and outsole for high level cushioning and support.
- INSOLE: Goga Max technology insole for maximum support and cushioning. Features high-rebound cushioning with responsive feedback. Combines a proprietary 'SQUISH' component with our exclusive material.
- MACHINE WASHABLE shoe design - wash on gentle cycle cold, hang to air dry. WEIGHT: Radically lightweight 7 1/2 oz. in a men's size 9.
Skechers Go Walk Max is one of the best lightweight sneakers that you will find in the market, and they also offer maximum performance and comfort, as you would expect from a heavy shoe. The sneakers come with a GOwalk max midsole, an air mesh upper, and a rubber outsole that delivers high-level cushioning with an extra padded heel for maximum comfort and a glove-like fit. Skechers also comes with a Goga Max high-rebound insole to allow maximum cushioning and a soft fabric lining.
Skechers Go Walk Max is durable yet responsive and flexible, and the footwear is ideal for all-day fit, long walks, and versatile enough to carry around when traveling. Skechers also has a lace-up design and a padded tongue and collar and is available in several neutral colors that will easily match your wardrobe.
4. ASICS Gel-Contend 5 SL Walking Shoes
ASICS Gel-Contend 5 walking is one of the best pairs for high arches because it has been well-cushioned for great shock absorption and still is a flexible and neutral shoe with the right amount of motion control. In addition, the sneakers are quite affordable yet reliable, and they offer a perfect blend of cushioning and flexibility and are also made with breathable materials.
ASICS Gel sneakers are also designed with an AmpliFoam midsole that is lightweight, quite comfortable, and durable with a rearfoot GEL cushioning system that will allow excellent shock absorption. Additionally, the ASICS walking shoe has an Ortholite sock liner that will offer more support and maximum moisture management, ideal for warm weather.
5. Brooks Addiction Walker 2
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) is a support system for your entire body, guiding and keeping your body in its natural path of motion. The Brooks Addiction Walker 2...
- SLIP-RESISTANT: An innovative outsole that's been certified (SATRA TM144:2011) for slip resistance provides excellent traction.
- SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA adapts to your stride, weight and speed, to make every step comfortable and reduce impact on your joints.
- LONG-LASTING: Both comfortable and durable, this shoe with a full-grain leather upper will be a staple to your wardrobe.
- FRESH LOOK: A refreshed leather upper offers classic style.
Brooks Addiction Walker 2 sneakers are high-quality leather shoes that will make you stand out from any crowd, and they are suitable for people with flat feet, low arches, or who need extra cushioning and support when walking. The walking sneakers come with an Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar that will offer excellent arch support and correct any overpronation, which is very common with most flat feet. In addition, the walking shoe features a full-length BioMogo DNA midsole that will give a soft and stable feel and offer more of a cushioned step with an excellent energy return.
Brooks Addiction 2 are stylish sneakers yet still comfortable and durable with an anti-slip outsole making them ideal for walking or standing for long hours. Additionally, the same memory foam in these sneakers that will adapt to your strides will also absorb any impact pressure. The sneakers also come with V-strap closures similar to the lace-up model with the great convenience of hook-and-loop straps.
What to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Walking Shoes for Men
When purchasing the best walk shoes, it's advisable to find shoes that will offer you durability and maximum protection without sacrificing their flexibility and comfort. Therefore, look for a shoe with a material with a smooth leather upper and memory foam durable, comfortable, and flexible.
Breathable materials are crucial in a walking shoe, especially if you use the shoes for walking or standing for prolonged periods. In addition, some shoes usually have antimicrobial insoles that help keep a man's feet feeling fresh and any sweaty odor at bay.
Before purchasing the men's walking shoes, ensure you try them on preferably at the end of the day to ensure you will purchase a shoe with a more accurate fit. The end of the day is preferred because your body is at equilibrium at the beginning of the day, and fluid has not started getting pulled down by gravity which will cause your feet to swell. However, your feet have swollen as they would on a normal day, and finding the right fit guarantees comfort no matter how long you will stay on your feet.
3. Arch Support
When purchasing the best walking shoes for men, it's important to opt for shoes that incorporate an arch to their design that will provide maximum comfort, support, and shock absorption. A flat and thin sole with no shock absorption and arch support features will lead to heel pain, especially with plantar fasciitis, and this can eventually cause knee pain. Also, it's important to choose a walking shoe that will accommodate your arch type, and feet usually fall between three categories:
a). Low Arched Feet/ Flat feet
Flat feet or low arches can contribute to joint problems in some people, although there is no proven direct relation and muscle stress. People with low arched feet should choose a great walking shoe with a straight and motion control that will help stabilize their feet.
b). Neutral-arched feet
Neutral-arched feet are not overly flat or overly arched, so if you have a neutral arch, the best walking shoes for you would be one with a firm midsole and a straight to semi-curved lasts where lasts refer to the sole's shape and also the footprint, which the shoe is built giving moderate rear-foot stability.
c). High-arched feet
High arched feet may cause excess strain on your muscles and joints because your foot may not be able to absorb shock adequately, especially if you perform plenty of jumping or high-impact activities. The best walking shoes for men, specifically for the ones with high arches, should have enough cushioning to help with shock absorption, and the curved last may be helpful in some cases.
4. Flex Point
The flex point of the best walking shoes for men is when the walking shoe will bend while walking. For maximum comfort, the flex point of men's walking shoe should match your foot's bending point, and when it doesn't align with your foot, it will lead to arch pain or a condition like plantar fasciitis.
To check the flex point of your walking shoe, you should hold it by the shoe's heel and press the shoe's toe onto the ground and the point where the shoe will bend and crease, it the flex point. The shoes should allow a good degree of giving at the base of your toes, which will provide a smooth motion.