Grooming a beard is fun but can be messy when using clippers to cut or trim hair, especially if you are the lucky type with a long, bulky, or coarse beard. Plus, cleaning up piled hair clutter is quite an issue. A beard trimmer with a vacuum addresses this issue by sucking up cut hair, making grooming pleasant and simple. And, of course, the best vacuum beard trimmers are up to the task.
You need to get the best services from your vacuum beard trimmer. To get these awesome results would mean you have a good vacuum beard trimmer. We will share some of the best vacuum beard trimmers in this article. Let's start by knowing what a vacuum beard trimmer is.
What Is a Vacuum Beard Trimmer?
Image Credit: Hairclippersclub.com
A vacuum beard trimmer, unlike other standard electric trimmers, sucks up the majority of the cut hair immediately as I trim, leaving me with a mess-free surface or little mess on the sink or bathroom that is easy to clean. I have tested some of the best vacuum trimmers to help you choose which will give you the best suction and nice trim.
1. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 7300
- Integrated vacuum system - vacuum system captures cut hairs for mess-free trimming
- 18 secured length settings from 1/32 inch up to 23/32 inch (1mm up to 18mm)
- 1/64 inch (.5mm) stubble setting
- Turbo power boost button - boosts cutting and fan speed
- Multifunctional display for battery status and hair length
This beard trimmer model from the Philips Norelco series is one of the best vacuum beard trimmers I tested. I experienced an interesting combination of powerful suction, reasonable price, and precision trimming. I prefer this Philips Norelco vacuum beard trimmer to the others because it offers a wide range of trimming options. For starters, I could use the adjustable comb with 18 settings from 1mm to 18mm cutting length for bespoke grooming.
Image Credit: Askmen.com
Philips Norelco beard trimmer has sharp blades that I did not have to maintain and a powerful motor that was suitable for handling my coarse and long beards. In addition, the vacuum compartment is large and could hold most of my cut hair without interfering with its functionality.
Its lithium-ion battery gave me a longer battery life of up to 75 minutes for seamless grooming sessions and only takes one hour to charge fully.
Meanwhile, I've found some issues with this trimmer: the delicate doors holding beard trims and the flexible trimmer combs. The doors need extra care because they can either break or create the mess you're trying to avoid in the first place, and the flexible trimmer combs had one time made me do a wrong trim.
Image Credit: Pricepulse.app
The vacuum has a high-velocity fan that can gobble up both short and long hair resulting from using longer guard settings. Depending on the angle I held it, it could suck up most of my stubble, but mileage could vary. Suction is the issue here. This trimmer handled most of my beard trimming jobs, but I think it works best with less coarse beards because its blade is not very sharp.
In case of a blackout, I didn't have to step out without grooming. Remington MB6850 has a cord but can also function without it and offer a quick trim of 2 to 3 minutes, and I charge it once in 2 or 3 weeks. Its battery life is amazing, but it takes approximately 2 hours to charge fully, and that's a lot of time for me, especially for impromptu trips.
3. Remington HKVAC2000A Vacuum Haircut Kit
- Voltage 110 120 VAC. corded
- How does this haircut clipper work? The precision ground blades work through hair fast while the high speed fan creates a powerful airflow that collects all the trimmed hairs for easy cleanup.Do not use liquid cleaners on the cutters or harsh or corrosive chemicals on the units main body
- 16 Piece Kit: The all encompassing kit includes 6 length altering combs, right and left tapers, a styling comb, barber scissors, a cleaning brush, a blade guard, 3 sectioning clips, an oil bottle, and an extra large storage pouch. These accessories join the dependable hair clippers to give you all the tools you need for a great haircut
- Dual Motors Innovative dual motors power precision hair clippers and the vacuum suction. The high speed fan collects trimmed hair to keep your floor and counter clean
- Extra Large Chamber: The removable collection chamber is large enough to contain all the trimmed hair from a cutting session
The Remington HKVAC2000A Vacuum Haircut Kit is one of the best-corded trimmers from Remington. It is a good alternative to other trimmers but could be the best option for those like me who need other accessories in the kit.
Image Credit: Remingtonproducts.com
Its excellent suction power and large vacuum compartment held most 0f my trimmed hair. The sharp stainless steel blades and low maintenance were just perfect for my coarse beard grooming. After all, the kit includes add-ons like 8 combs guards, scissors, and a cleaning brush that makes grooming easier. Although the combs are cut from 3mm to 25mm lengths, if you are to go for precise results with a lot of tapering, I don't think it is the best tool for you.
Although corded, I still ranked it among the best vacuum beard trimmers because I don't mind a cable, but most importantly, the kit handled all my beard grooming at once. Additionally, the removable head trimmer made cleaning quick and easy for me. Unfortunately, the blades have default settings, and without combs, they could make pretty short trims leading to an accidental bald shave.
4. Favrison Vacuum Professional Cordless Hair Clippers
- Automatic Vacuum Hair Trimmer for Men: The vacuum hair cutter is designed with independently fan which provides the enough vacumming power to capture up to 90% of trimmed hairs into the bin. The transparent magnetic storage bin and stocking net is using magnets to attach to the clipper body, easy to disassemble and monitor the timely condition of the storage bin.
- Dual-Motor Cordless Hair Clippers Set: One motor drive the blade, reaching to 6000 rpm, stronger shear force, lower noise. One motor drive the fan, reaching to 10000 rpm, providing stronger suction.
- USB Rechargeable Hair Cutting Machine: Full charge needs 3 hours, and continuous operation time is 60 minutes, USB portable charging can be charged by desktop, laptop, portable source, etc. Cordless design gives you more convenience.
- All in One Hair Trimmer for Men: The vacuum hair clippers adopts safe ceramic blade, every tooth of the fixed blade is rounded, without pulling hair and scratching skin. This hair cut kit comes with 2 guided combs, it can meet 5 different needs of hair lengths (1mm, 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm). This pro hair trimmer also can used to do the body hair Cutting & Grooming, like beard, chest hair, armpit hair, back hair, hips hair, groin hair, and etc.
- Waterproof & Low Noise Design Haircut Machine: The whole body of this vacuum hair cutter is waterproof at an IPX-7 level, it can be used to cut wet/dry hairs. The cutter head and storage bin can be disassembled easily, safe and easy to clean under the tap after haircut. Low noise design, Less than 50db operating noise. NOTE: "suction mode" with fan working, the noise is a little louder than normal mode.
This automatic vacuum trimmer is designed with an independent fan that can gobble up almost 90% of my cut stubble. It is cordless, and that's one of my top preferences. Battery life is about 60 minutes of continuous usage, although it takes us up to three hours to fully charge, which is a lot of time, according to me.
Image Credit: Ubuy.td
This trimmer is the all-in-one type with add-ons like the ceramic blade and two guard combs of 1mm to 12mm hair length needs. In addition, I used the kit for grooming my other body parts like nose hair, ear hair, and armpit hair.
Favrison Vacuum Professional clippers are my best catch because of their waterproof nature. They have IPX7 certification, so I could use it in the shower without fearing it would get spoilt.
What to Consider when Choosing the Best Beard Trimmer with Vacuum
Image Credit: I.ebayimg.com
Vacuum trimmers are important grooming tools, and we have seen various factors that make them different. Here are some factors I considered when choosing my best vacuum beard trimmers.
1. Usage Purpose
Note that not all trimmers can do all trimming jobs. Consider the main reason why you want a vacuum trimmer before picking on one. The various uses include
- Daily stubble shave
- Beard shaping and grooming
- Clean cuts
- Beard cuts and haircuts
Trimmers with sharp blades give a good trim, especially on coarse beards. I took notice of self-sharpening steel blades for their good trimming and staying sharp for a long time. Most beard trimmers would work for medium-textured hair. Blade quality matters.
Suction is the main reason for going for a vacuum beard trimmer. Two things define its functionality, motor power and compartment of the vacuum in terms of size. Your shave frequency and hair length are some things to consider here. Daily shaves would work well with smaller compartments of strong suction.
Image Credit: Wahl.co.uk
From my list, some trimmers come with more accessories compared to others. The additional attachments are beneficial, depending on what you are looking for. If you need bonuses like nose trimmers and additional combs for special cuts and shapes, Remington models are a good choice.
Image Credit: Alibaba.com
Most vacuum trimmers I've suggested are cordless. Corded trimmers have great motor power but are not much pleasing. The tangling up with the cord while in use is irritating. The cordless trimmer is quite portable and reliable. What if you don't have a socket in your bathroom? It is reliable.
The time it takes to charge a vacuum trimmer fully, and the battery life is of the essence. Most of my reviews take more than one hour to use when fully charged. If the time for charging is quite long for you, there are also good corded options.
Tips for Using a Vacuum Beard Trimmer
Image Credit: Stylemann.com
- Clean your beard hair with water and cleanser and dry it with a towel. Water softens the beard for smooth trim.
- Gradually set your combs from longer lengths as you start to trim down the beard
- Frequently check your vacuum compartment and empty it if necessary to maintain the suction power.
- Adjust the combs on your blade to shorter ones as you trim down, and take your time in shaping your beard.
- Remove the combs and use the blade to tidy up and create a nice outline at your neck, mustache, cheeks, and sideburns. Then, you can use beard balm or wax to style your beards, and off you go.
- Finally, clean your vacuum trimmer and keep it.
How to Clean Vacuum Beard Trimmer
Image Credit: Oddfellow.co
Carefully disassemble your trimmer and remove hair from the vacuum compartments. You can rinse the vacuum if it's appropriate for your device or uses a vacuum cleaner. Next, wipe the blades with a dry brush or rinse them. If possible, sanitize and lubricate the blades. Finally, air dry your trimmer and reassemble it. Please keep it safe until the next time of use.
Having a vacuum trimmer makes work easy and is hygienic. Various vacuum beard trimmers are available, from corded to cordless, with attachments, suction power, and battery life. You can choose what suits you as your best vacuum trimmer for your precise trim, and I hope from my choices above, you find something.
Featured Image Credit: Ifdesign.com