Nothing is as exciting as watching your baby start taking steps on their feet after months of crawling. Fortunately, you can make it easier for your kids to walk by getting them the best toddler shoes. With one of the shoes on this review, your child will be up and running in no time
This post explores the best shoes for toddlers and the buying factors to consider.
1. New Balance Kids' Classic Hook and Loop Sneaker
- Lightweight Foam Cushioning: The New Balance 574 sneaker for kids keeps little ones comfy at the playground and beyond. Lightweight EVA foam cushioning in the midsole and heel increases comfort
- Stays Strong Through Wear-and-Tear: The comfortable upper has a lightweight fit and feel while still being durable enough to hold up through intense play, long days and general wear-and-tear
- Traction and Grip: A rubber outsole adds durability while providing traction and grip on both indoor and outdoor surfaces for versatile use and easy wear
- Lace-Up Closure: Whether your child is learning to tie their shoes or has perfected the challenge, these kids' sneakers will help them feel more independent when getting ready and out the door
- Adult-Inspired Design for Added Style: Taking inspiration from adult models of the same name, these comfortable kids' shoes have a grown-up design to boost your little one's style and confidence
The best toddler shoes on the market are the New Balance Kid's Classic Hook and Loop toddler Sneakers specially designed to keep your child's little feet nice and cozy. They feature a lightweight Eva foam cushioning which provides enough cushioning to keep toddlers comfortable enough to make their first steps.
This pair of shoes is made from durable material to ensure they can endure the wear and tear of the playground or other activities. The upper is built for a soft feel but can hold up well against general wear and tear and intense play days.
With a resilient rubber outsole, you can rest assured that your child will have enough traction to walk steadily on indoor and outdoor surfaces. The sole will ensure every step has ample grip to support your toddler's need to walk without assistance.
Since tying shoelaces can challenge kids, this toddler shoe features a hook and loop closure system. This closure is easy to handle, which can help your kids develop a sense of independence every time they put these shoes on.
2. Stride Rite SRT Baby and Toddler Boys Elliot Leather Sneakers
- Leather bootie with moisture-wicking lining, self-molding footbed, and contoured heel cradle. Seamless construction that cradles the foot’s natural shape
- Sensory pods at outsole
Next, we have the Stride Rite SRT Elliot Leather Sneakers, breathable booties with a lightweight rubber sole, flexible feel, and a sporty look. In addition to the rubber soles, these Child's shoes come with sensory pods to provide a better feel of the ground while improving traction and grip.
The tread pattern underneath the soles provides a lot of flexibility to ensure your child can find their footing in a different direction as they practice walking. Plus, they also come with a memory foam footbed which adds to the level of comfort that makes it easier on their feet.
These shoes will help your little ones stand out from the crowd thanks to their stylish appearance. With a lace-up closure system, you can ensure that these shoes are secure. So, there s no reason to get worried that a shoe could get accidentally left behind after slipping off.
Cleaning these shoes won't be a hassle since you can wipe them with a damp cloth with warm water and mild detergent.
3. See Kai Run Stevie II First Walker Sneakers for Infants
- Upper is durable and comfotable with a rubberized toe cap to protect little toes
- Breathable leather sockliner keep feet dry and fresh
- Full rubber outsole provides flexibility, traction, and durability for early steps
- Adjustable hook-and-loop strap and faux laces allow for a secure fit
- Generous toe box provides room for healthy foot development
Third place on our list of the best toddler shoes goes to See Kai Run First Walker Sneakers specially designed for new walkers. You can rest assured that they are a great choice since they are approved by American Podiatric Medical Association.
They are made to help train young boys to walk without assistance. With a rubber sole, this toddler shoe can provide enough traction and grip for your child to take their first steps with minimal chances of falls. As a result, you don't have to worry about a slip or slide taking place without notice.
The toe box inside these shoes will let your child's feet grow to ensure healthy foot development. At the same time, the padded heel and tongue will maintain a high level of comfort so that kids can spend the entire day in these shoes without discomfort.
Putting these shoes on and off will be a quick task since they have a wide opening, while the adjustable hook and loop strap work alongside the faux elastic laces to ensure a snug and secure fit.
4. FEETCITY Unisex Baby Shoes
- Soft Upper：The soft canvas upper and cotton lining provide the baby with maximum comfort and keep the feet comfortable and stability, which is good for baby's feet growth and allow your baby girls...
- Flexible and Lightweight Outsole：Flexible and durable EVA traction sole with ultra-light design, It can reduce the burden on the baby's feet and provides excellent grip and comfort for...
- Removable Insole：The removable insole is designed with a honeycomb hole, allowing kid’s feet to breathe freely. Also provide stability and give your kids extra support while walking.
- Easy Wear：Easy off and easy on. Upper has good elasticity, stay on your baby's feet and never fall off. Suit for crawling, walking, playing, Let your kids enjoy a great fun time.
- Best Gift for Kids：Classic star style, Fashion and casual sneakers,it's popular with your child. It is Suitable for any Occasions like Daily,Family Gathering,Indoor Playing.
The FEETCITY Unisex Baby Shoes are a great choice for parents who want to make it easier for active kids to start walking and running around. Featuring a soft canvas upper, these cozy baby shoes are among the most comfortable for your child's feet. The insides are lined with cotton fabric which ensures a healthy environment for each foot.
The rubber outsole is flexible and has high traction to reduce the pressure on your baby's little feet to make it easier to make their first steps. Since it's a lightweight shoe, it won't weigh the toddler down as they move about. Even on glossy surfaces, the anti-slip soles will give your child the best chance to walk without extra support.
The insole bears a honeycomb hole designed to enhance breathability inside the shoe. Plus, it can provide stability necessary to properly stand and walk while maintaining comfort. If the insoles affect the fit or wear out, you can remove them and replace them since they are detachable.
Since the upper material is elastic, it's easy to wear and remove these baby shoes. Additionally, it will ensure a secure fit that keeps the shoes from falling off. This pair is among the best toddler shoes since it is suitable for crawling, walking, playing, and other fun activities.
5. Peggy Piggy Non-Slip First Walking Shoes
- Mutispandex upper feel soft and breathable,this first walking shoes will make your sweetie from walking comfortably
- Soft and lightweight durable sole,our infant baby shoes will make them walking safely and easily
- These infant sneakers are easy wear and clean,It has built-in soft memory foam insoles, no need to change the insoles after multiple squeezes
- Fashion style can match different occasions.like walking, running, playing, etc.
The next pair on this list of the best toddler's shoes is Peggy Piggy First Walking shoes which feature a super soft multi-spandex upper for maximum comfort during movement. Since this material is also breathable, you can say any worries about sweaty feet or toes since air and heat can easily pass through the shoes to maintain a cool environment for ideal foot health.
The sole is soft and lightweight, which makes it a flexible option for kids. It also ensures that toddlers have enough traction and support to stand and walk with minimal chances of falling. So, if you are parents looking for a safe bet for your young ones, you should go in these shoes.
These sneakers are easy to clean and wear, courtesy of the multi-spandex material. The insoles are soft and plush to ensure that the memory foam keeps your kid's feet well-cushioned even after months of use. Since you can find this shoe in different colors and patterns, you can rest assured that they will add style and personality to your baby.
6. BMCiTYBM Breathable Mesh Sneakers
- Breathability: soft upper for high breathability that allows kid’s little feet to stay cool and dry
- Non-slip Soles: rubber soft spikes and sensory pods under outsoles prevent your child from slipping, help baby learn balance as their toes grip the ground
- Anti-collision: toe cap adds extra barrier to protect baby’s feet from injuries
- Lightweight - Cushioned: footbeds for enhanced comfort, rubber soles provides lightweight cushioning for long-lasting all-day play
- Easy On And Off: hook-and-loop design makes it easy to take on and off
Another great alternative among the best toddler shoes is the BMCiTYBM Breathable Toddler Sneakers, featuring a soft, breathable upper that allows excess heat and moisture to escape to keep your child's foot cool and dry.
The rubber soles have soft spikes and sensory pods, which prevent slips and improve balance. They will ensure that your kids can walk and run without any fear of falling. To keep the toes protected, these shoes have a toe cap that barricades the feet from direct impact or shock, which could cause injury.
These shoes aren't heavy at all, courtesy of the light construction materials. As a result, they are the best toddler shoes for a long day at the playground or home. Thanks to the hook and loop closure, you can easily wear or remove these shoes as well as teach your child to do it.
7. E-FAK Infant Sneakers
- 【WELL-DESIGNED】 - The soft sole and breathable material can keep the feet comfortable, conducive to the healthy growth of small feet.
- 【SECURITY SUPPORT】 - Safe baby sports shoes, with soft rubber soles with anti slip points, can make your baby not slip easily when crawling or walking.
- 【EASY WEAR】 - Two adjustable magic strap closures design, easy to put on and off, make sure the shoes are tightly fixed on the little feet, so as not to worry about falling off easily.
- 【CLASSIC FASHION】 - Classic cute style suits for crawling, walking, playing. Best shower, photo shoot, daily life or any other occasion.
- 【BUY WITH CONFIDENCE】- If you have any questions about the product, you are welcome to contact us, we will serve you wholeheartedly.
Last but not least, we have the E-FAK Infant Sneakers, which are another great pick for parents looking for a fun, cozy, and stylish shoe for a new walker. With a soft sole, you can rest assured that these shoes are flexible enough to encourage a healthy feel for your toddler's feet.
These sports-style baby shoes feature anti-slip rubber soles, which will reduce the chances of slipping as your baby crawls or walks. As such, they are among the most secure options if you want to prevent unnecessary falls or slips.
With two adjustable straps, you can ensure a tight fit on the feet to prevent fallouts. At the same time, they make it easier to put on and take off these toddler sneakers. So, if you are looking to eliminate the hassle of tying shoelaces, these shoes will give you that.
Since they have a classic look, the E-FAK Infant Sneakers will keep your child looking adorable as they play, crawl or walk. This makes them a great choice for occasions, photoshoots, and other child-centered events.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Toddler Shoes
The first thing to look for when searching for a good pair of toddler shoes is comfort. It's crucial that the shoe fabric is soft and cozy to ensure it doesn't irritate your baby's skin or cause blister formation. If the shoe is uncomfortable, it'll only make it harder for your child to make their first steps.
Fortunately, you can go with shoes that are made from breathable mesh and other materials that are soft to the touch. In doing so, it'll be easier for the toddler to practice their steps in a pain-free pair of shoes.
2. Sizing and Fit
The next thing to keep in mind is the ideal size range for your baby's feet. Since manufacturers tend to use different sizing systems, finding the exact fit will require some research. You should check the shoe reviews you are interested in to know whether you should size up or down depending on the width and length of the toddler's feet.
The weight of the shoes is also essential to the choice you make. Since toddler's feet are in the process of developing, they aren't strong enough to carry a heavy pair of shoes. So, if they are taking their first steps, heavy shoes will only slow down their progress. That's why it's better to go in light shoes.
The construction materials are the main factor determining the weight of the shoes. So, you should keep an eye out for the ones that are made from lightweight fabrics and soles. This will ensure your kids can get as active as they want without feeling weighed down.
Lastly, you'll need to check the traction and grip the shoe can provide. Young kids aren't the most stable individuals, making the chances of slipping or falling high as they practice walking. So, you need to check that the soles are made from durable materials like rubber.
Additionally, you should ensure that the shoes have a prominent tread design to ensure that the toddler can find their balance even on a high-gloss surface. This will ensure that they are as safe as possible during movement.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best shoes for toddlers?
The New Balance Kids' Classic Hook and Loop Sneaker are the best toddler shoes on the market, offering a snug fit, comfort, and breathability.
2. What is the best brand of shoes for toddlers?
New Balance is among the best brands for children's footwear available.
3. What shoes do podiatrists recommend for toddlers?
The See Kai Run Stevie II First Walker Sneakers for Infants are the podiatrist-recommended shoes on this review.