If you work in a physically demanding profession where you're up and about most of the day, getting yourself the best socks for work boots can seriously make your day. Choosing the right work boots is the first step. The next is ensuring that your feet are comfortable within the said work boot.
Although choosing work socks may not seem like a very important thing, it can greatly affect your productivity. Good work socks offer you protection, warmth, support, comfort, and the ability to make it through the roughest day at work.
You'll find that many work socks are cushioned and normally range from crew length to over-the-calf. If you go for the longer lengths, you'll find that they have added padding to protect your feet and keep you comfy all day. For better results and protection, choose a pair that is moisture-wicking, breathable, and antimicrobial. Let's look at some of the best pairs of work socks in the market.
Best Work Socks
1. Dickies Men's Multi-Pack Crew Socks
The Dickies brand is renowned for providing its loyal customers with premium apparel and accessories that make their lives better. These best socks for work boots are designed to keep your feet comfortable and have an incredible moisture management technology that incorporates moisture-wicking fibers. As a result, you'll find that your feet are kept warm and dry all day.
The ventilated breathing channel also circulates air around your feet for maximum breathability. Therefore, if any moisture accidentally gets into your socks, the moisture will quickly evaporate and leave your feet feeling cool. In addition, the toes and heels of these work socks are reinforced to keep your feet comfortable.
The soft spongy cushion that runs the full length of your sole helps take the pressure off your toes, heels, and sole. These work socks also come with an arch compression band for extra reinforcement as it hugs the flat of your feet. These work socks are made of materials including cotton, polyester, nylon, and Lycra spandex. The nylon and spandex create the extra thick linings that contribute to the shape and durability of these socks. Whether you have steel-toe boots or other boots, these work socks are a great choice.
2. Carhartt Men’s Work Crew Socks
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE: Lightweight, fully cushioned men’s crew work socks keep your feet cool and comfortable all day
- FAST-DRY TECHNOLOGY: Deliver superior sweat-wicking action to quickly transport sweat and keep your feet dry
- FIGHTS ODOR: Proprietary odor-neutralizing technology keeps your feet smelling fresh in any conditions
- BREATHABLE: Mesh cooling channels improve airflow and breathability; Heel and toe reinforcement offer added protection in high-impact areas
- LEGENDARY CRAFTSMANSHIP: Proudly American made and built to last as long as your boots; Machine washable; Men’s crew athletic socks available in a range of colors
These work socks are all about taking care of you while you work. These socks use a Fastdry technology that enhances their moisture-wicking properties. The built-in mesh panels along the sides keep your feet fresh and cool no matter how hot and long your day is. The built-in arch support also enhances the comfort of these work socks.
These crew socks are designed to not dig into your skin no matter how long you wear them. This is a relief because sometimes the workdays can get unintentionally long, and you don't want to feel uncomfortable when that happens. If you don't want work socks that come up so high on your leg, these moisture-wicking socks are for you.
These work socks provide you with full coverage for a high-cut and mid-calf boot. The ankle brace and arch support are also perfect for ensuring your comfort and stability all day. In addition to toe and heel protection, these work socks will not wear and tear after frequent washes because they are sufficiently padded. The drawback with these boot socks is that they are not designed for the steel toe work boot. However, they have sufficient padding to keep you comfy in any boot.
3. Fruit of the Loom Men's Reinforced Cushion Full Crew Socks
- PERFECT FOR WORK BOOTS: Heavy-duty crew athletic socks promote all-day comfort, stability, and breathability--no matter how hard you’re working
- FIGHTS FATIGUE: Cushioned foot and reinforced sole keep foot fatigue to a minimum, helping you stay on your feet for longer
- BREATHABLE & MOISTURE WICKING: Ventilation channels and antimicrobial, moisture-wicking fibers keep socks dry, comfortable, and fresh
- GREAT VALUE: Delivers exceptional performance and durability; designed with the working person in mind
- SNUG & DURABLE: Men’s crew work socks crafted from rugged, extra-thick cotton; made with 76% Cotton, 22% Polyester, 1% Lycra Spandex, and 1% Other Fibers
These best socks for work boots are designed for the ultra-hard working man. This heavy-duty pair of socks has a specially reinforced toe and heel to go with its classic look. After all, there's nothing wrong with looking classy while putting in that hard work. You can comfortably wear these boot socks every day if you so wish. The cotton material is enhanced with Lycra spandex which gently reinforces the natural contours of your feet while helping the socks retain their shape.
With this pair of socks, you won't have to worry about that uncomfortable feeling when the socks bunch around your ankles after the mid-calf leg runs down your leg. The toe and heel retain their cushion and form no matter how many times you wash these boot socks. If that doesn't scream quality, I don't know what will.
You also get anti-microbial properties that ensure that any orders or moisture are kept at bay. The compressed fabric of these boot socks traces the unique curves of your feet and keeps them. This enhances your comfort.
4. MIRMARU Men's Hiking Trekking Crew Socks
- PERFORMANCE: The Best for Hiking, Camping, Mountain Biking, Trail Running, Backpacking, Travel, Trekking and Other Athletic Outdoor Activities and Wide Variety of Winter Sports.
- BLENDED FOR STRENGTH & DURABLILITY : Made of 55% Combed Cotton, 40% Polyester, 2% Spandex. Socks are designed to keep your feet warm and dry during the rigors of trekking the earth's wild place. They...
- COMFORTABLE SUPPORT: Socks are reinforced with high-density fibers and pile cushioning in the underfoot area for added comfort when hiking, walking, or during any outdoor activities, It protects the...
- DESIGNED TO BE COMPRESSED & FOR ELASTICITY: Socks are designed to feature a med-compressed & elasticity to gently support and protect an Arch, Ankle, Heels and Stay up, Compressed Top Holds the sock...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We stand behind our brand product, and we know these will be the best outdoor hiking socks you will ever wear. If for any reason you are not fully satisfied with our...
These work socks are designed for men who love outdoor activities. If your job requires you to be on your feet in the outdoors actively, this pair of work socks are for you. Because this crew sock is a hiking sock, it is not bulky. However, you don't have to worry as your feet will still be protected with the thick padding of this pair of socks. You can wear these work socks as camping, backpacking, trekking, or even working in the factory.
The gentle arch support is thanks to the reinforced contours and compression zones that ensure that this boot sock clings to your feet as you work. The underfoot of this work boot sock has extra padding to add to the comfort and durability that it brings. This boot sock has elastic ridges to ensure that it stays up for the entire 12-hour shift you'll be working.
These Mirmaru Multi Performance Outdoor Crew Socks have blended cotton construction that gives them a soft and cushiony texture. These options keep your feet dry and are machine washable. The sturdy seams and fine texture speak to the durable nature of these work socks.
5. KMM Cotton Work Boot Cushion Crew Socks
- Superior Quality:Premium cottons and high-tech polyester and nylon blend,breathable and elastic to keep your hard-working feet comfortable all day long.
- Comfy & Fit:Deep heel pocket provides added stability for a perfect fit,arch support design improves foot arch fatigue and keeps sock from slipping,Boost performance when working out.
- Max Protection:Combination of softness and comfortable,full cushioned in high impact to reduce foot pain during your activities,ultimate support in most situation.
- Increased Performance:The socks are designed to prevent blistering and provide ultimate comfy and durability for a tough job, extreme outdoor adventure or heavy duty work.
- Sweat Wicking: Moisture wicking control to keep feet cool and dry,it provides ventilation for added breathe-ability and keeps smelling fresh in most situation.
These pairs of socks combine moisture-wicking technology and comfort technology to give you these work socks that will eliminate any foot fatigue and keep you going for hours. The moisture control is one of the best things about this work sock. These cotton options are super comfortable and breathable. The spandex adds to the ventilation that this work sock brings to your feet.
Another cool feature that this work sock has is that it is reinforced with high-density fibers that add to the moisture control. To put it simply, if you struggle with sweaty feet and wool socks just aren't doing it for you, these work socks are your new best friend. The spandex material also allows you to move your toes around with more ease.
Another feature is the arch support that protects your feet from tough boots. This work sock is also well-cushioned in high-impact areas, further protecting your heel to toe.
6. Carhartt Men's 6 Pack All-Terrain Boot Socks
- Premium cotton blend provides soft, breathable comfort
- Extra padding and protection around high abrasion areas for comfort
- Reinforced yarn in the heel and toe for increased durability and blister protection
These work socks are some of the comfiest socks you will ever wear as you work. They come in a convenient 6-pack to allow you to have a pair for each day of the week. In addition, the lining of this pair of socks and the high heel flap both have the brand's Friction-free Nanoglide technology. This technology helps to reinforce the arch support and the base support of your toes. Therefore, you can say goodbye to any blister-causing friction.
The mesh cooling panels help keep your feet dry and reduce the chances of sweaty feet. Your feet will feel fresh and cool all day. The leg of these socks comes up to about 12 inches, and the elasticized cuff helps keep things in place. This boot sock keeps your feet dry and protected from bruises and raw cuts from your boot's rough collar.
The one disadvantage about this boot sock is that they can feel a bit too tight when you wear them with a steel toe boot or any other boot due to their thick nature.
7. Fox River Military Mid-calf Socks
- Desigend to be worn with military or tactical boots
- Provides maximum moisture wicking
- Fully cushioned sole absorbs shocks and insulates
- Multifilament yarn construction makes it very abrasion resistant and adds durability
- URfit System provides arch support and memory-knit construction
These FoxRiver mid-calf socks are one of the most popular and best military socks out there. However, you can also use these socks for everyday work. These socks are made to keep odor away and stay in shape no matter how many times you wear or wash them. The Micropolymersilane technology used to make this work sock ensures that it remains durable and comfortable. The extra cushioning and soft fabric also add to the comfy nature of these work socks.
This sock keeps your feet protected from steel-toe boots that can be a tad uncomfortable. The extra layer of soft lining will protect you from the inside, just as the tough leather exterior protects you from the outside. In addition, this full-length crew sock features a memory knit compression that gives you a long-term personalized fit.
The spandex compression zone and the shaped rib top of these boot socks add to this comfort as they ensure that these best socks for work boots fit you better after every wear. This sock is made of synthetic fibers and quick-dry natural fibers combined to give you these socks to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
8. Dickies Crew Socks Multipack
- Soft breathable moisture control fibers
- Arch compression support and stability
- Ventilation channels enhance air flow
- Durable reinforced heel and toe
- Fabric content may vary by color
The problem with having profusely sweaty feet is that it can lead to more conditions like blisters, odor, and slippery feet. If you have sweaty feet, you will want to get yourself a pair of these durable crew socks that incredibly control moisture. If you work in a cold region or you want to wear these best socks for work boots during the winter, you can do that with ease. These socks are specially made to keep your feet warm even in cold weather.
These work socks are often a tad bigger than the usual pair of socks. Ensure that you check their size chart before you settle on a pair. Although their material is not Merino wool, you'll love that these socks are made of polyester and cotton to give you that soft and comfortable feel.
This material combination is perfect because it keeps your feet warm in cold weather and cools in humid environments. In addition, the classic look of these socks adds to their appeal.
9. Fox River Steel-Toe Mid-Calf Boot Work Socks
- PERFECT ALL-AROUND SOCK FOR TOUGH WORK DAYS: These rugged FoxSox will take all your work day can dish out; keep you comfortable in your work boots, even under the toughest conditions
- INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE AND EXTRA WARM: Steel-toe construction provides extra cushion over the toe and above the heel
- STAY DRY WITH WICK DRY: Our exclusive technology quickly draws moisture away from your skin so your feet stay dry and comfortable; removes any moisture build up which reduces hot spots and friction...
- CUSTOM FIT: URfit System provides the ultimate personalized response fit combining memory knit compression, a contoured rib top and spandex compression zones
- BACKED BY COMPANY STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE: Fox River products are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for one year
This work sock incredibly combines comfort and functionality. The one drawback of having such a comfortable and protective sock is that it can feel a bit bulky than other socks. If you wear regular boots, you may want to pick another pair as these are best for steel-toe boots.
The sock's studied contours give your feet much-needed comfort as your toes will always remain snug and comfortable inside the sock's seams. In addition, the breathable compression zone ensures that you don't get stuffy feet as you work.
These socks are also machine washable and made of nylon, wool, and acrylic materials. This material combination makes these socks soft and comfy while keeping moisture at bay. In addition, these socks will not get loose around the ankles or get thread even after continuous use and wash.
10. Wigwam Merino Comfort Hiker Sock
Our final pick is work socks that are perfect for work and hiking. The warming technology used to make these work socks makes them warm, sturdy, and comfortable. These work socks are made of Merino wool.
Merino wool is perfect for protecting your feet from cold weather. The best part about these best socks for work boots is that they are made of 67% Merino wool. Most socks only have up to 25% of Merino wool. This tells you how warm and cozy these work socks are.
These work socks keep odor away thanks to the Merino wool that prevents moisture from sticking to these best work socks. Therefore, if your main purpose for getting work socks is warmth and dry feet, get these best work socks.
Which one of these best socks for work boots did you love the most? We'd love to hear from you and how you love your new pair of work socks.