Soap is an essential part of any man's grooming routine. It helps remove dirt, sweat, and oil residue from your skin, leaving it feeling much cleaner and refreshed. But with so many different soaps on the market, knowing which one is right for you can be tough. That's why we've put together this list of the top 10 best soaps for men.
We chose our first soap, the Dove Men+Care Cleanser, for its excellent customer reviews, hydrating ingredients, and ability to clean your body, face, and hair. It also has a strong brand reputation. The Duke Cannon is our second soap choice. It comes in a massive bar suitable for all skin types and is excellent for long-lasting needs. Our third pick, the Jack Black Turbo Body Bar, features exfoliating properties that help remove dead skin cells and leave your skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
Whether you have dry, oily, or sensitive skin, there's a product on this list that's perfect for you. So read on to find the best soap for your needs.
The Top 10 Best Soaps for Men
1. Dove Men+Care 3 In 1 Bar Cleanser
- HYDRATE YOUR SKIN: Unlike a regular bar soap that can dry out skin, Dove Men+Care Extra Fresh Body and Face Bar deeply cleans and hydrates skin, leaving skin feeling smooth and comfortable
- FROM THE No.1 DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED MEN’S BRAND: This face and body bar is formulated with more moisturizer than ordinary soap bar and washes off easily to leave skin feeling healthy
- 3 IN 1 SKIN CLEANSER FOR BODY, FACE, AND SHAVING: Dove Men+Care Extra Fresh Body and Face bar formulation is so hydrating and gentle on skin that you can also use it to wash your face or to shave
- REFRESHING CLEAN: Feel clean and invigorated with this hydrating face and body bar and enjoy its crisp, refreshing scent of Mandarin Citrus, Patchouli, and Rosemary
- DESIGNED FOR MEN: Men’s skin care is different. Men sweat more, have thicker skin and lose hydration faster. Dove Men+Care is specifically developed for men’s skin to protect it against skin...
The Dove Men+Care Body Wash is a convenient soap that can be used to clean your body, face, and even your hair as shampoo. I like that it's made with hydrating ingredients like glycerin and stearic acid, which prevent my skin from drying out. The soap also has a mild, masculine scent, which I enjoy.
Image Credits: dove.com
I've been using the cleanser for a few weeks now, and I'm really impressed with it. The soap lathers up well and leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed without irritation. It also does a good job of cleaning my hair and face.
2. Duke Cannon Big Ass Brick Of Soap
- Includes: (3) Duke Cannon Big Ass Soap Brick for Men - Fresh Cut Pine | "Great American Frontier" Collection
- Smells like Fresh Cut Pine. Experience the invigorating scent of fresh split pine and celebrate a return to basics
- Duke Cannon presents the Great American Frontier Collection of Men's Soap - unique, masculine scents that evoke wonderful memories of the best places on earth.
- Not for clowns. At 10 ounces our men's soap bar is 3x bigger than feminine soaps. Triple milled for superior quality.
- A Portion of Proceeds Benefits U.S. Veterans | Cruelty-Free. Our products are never tested on animals, just bad interns. Made in the USA.
If you're looking for a soap that will last, the Duke Cannon Big Ass Brick Of Soap is a great option. It's a massive bar of soap made with natural ingredients like oatmeal, shea butter, and coconut oil.
Image Credits: dukecannon.com
I've been using this soap for a few weeks now, and I find that the soap lathers up well and leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. The oatmeal and shea butter also help moisturize my skin, which is great for the winter months.
3. Jack Black Turbo Body Bar
If you're looking for a soap that will give you a deep clean, the Jack Black Turbo Body Bar is a great option. It contains exfoliating natural lava rock that helped remove my dead skin cells and left my skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
Image Credits: getjackblack.com
The scrubbing and exfoliating ingredients are not too harsh and do a great job of removing dead skin cells, giving you a refreshing spa facial treatment right at home. I've also noticed that the body bar doesn't dehydrate my skin, which is a major plus for me, as I used to get dry skin after a scrub.
4. MARLOWE. No. 102 Men's Body Scrub
- Scrub It Away: MARLOWE. deep cleansing bar soap for men uses apricot seed powder and ground pumice to buff away dryness for smooth, clean skin. This mens soap body wash bar gently lifts away dirt and...
- Fresh Masculine Scent: Our Original exfoliating soap bar is lightly scented with agarwood, followed by a balance of sandalwood and musk. Experience the fresh invigorating scent of your favorite...
- Experience The MARLOWE. Difference: Our MARLOWE soap is crafted with apricot seed powder, ground pumice, shea butter, olive oil, and green tea. Designed to nourish, smooth, and revitalize skin
- No Bad Stuff & Made Right Here: RSPO Certified,SLS/SLES and Paraben and phthalate-free, glycerin-based, cruelty-free and made in the USA. Bath soap wrapper made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper,...
- The MARLOWE. Man: Men need hair & skin care too, but it doesn't have to be complicated. We believe that life is complicated enough. Looking good and feeling amazing shouldn’t have to be. MARLOWE....
The MARLOWE. Men's Body Scrub is a deep cleansing bar that's made with natural ingredients like green tea, willow bark extracts, and agarwood. The soap has a rich, creamy lather, making my skin feel soft and hydrated.
Image Credits: marloweskin.com
The ground pumice provides gentle exfoliation and scrubs away dirt without stripping my skin of its natural moisture. I also enjoy the soap's masculine sandalwood scent that's light and not too overpowering.
5. Malin + Goetz Bar Soaps
- RUM BAR SOAP: This triple-milled foaming cleansing bar is infused and synthesized with a signature dark rum scent. Glycerin leaves skin hydrated. Vegan and cruelty free.
- PERFECT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: Use this gentle soap bar that is effective in purifying all skin types, including sensitive, for healthy and balanced skin. Blended to hydrate and cleanse without...
- EASY TO USE: Massage the wet bar on to your skin, creating a mild gentle lather. The soap will rinse clean with water, and your body or hands will be residue free with balanced and fresh...
Malin + Goetz is a luxury brand of bath and body products. Their bar soaps are made with high-quality ingredients and have a variety of unique scents. My personal favorite is the rum scent, but they also have other great scents like lime and peppermint.
Image Credits: malinandgoetz.com
The soap lathers up well and gently rinses off dirt, leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed without drying or irritation. The Malin + Goetz bar soaps are a bit more expensive than others on this list, but they're worth the investment if you're looking for a high-quality vegan soap with a unique scent.
6. Mistral Men's Bar Soap Organic
- MILLED TO PERFECTION ✓ Natural bar soap, hand soap, and body wash; PURE ✓ Free from alcohol, parabens, phthalates, and tallow
- SIZE ✓ 4 x 8.8 oz (250 g) bar soap; LONG-LASTING ✓ Authentic, triple-milled soap moisturizes the skin and leaves behind a bold fragrance
- PREMIUM FRAGRANCES ✓ Sandalwood Bamboo, Cedarwood Marine, Teak Wood, and Black Amber
- PREMIUM BLEND ✓ Rich in hydrating grapeseed oil and glycerin; NATURAL ✓ Free of coloring agents, animal fats, and parabens
- EMBRACE LIFE ✓ Lather up, rinse, and towel dry for use in bathroom, shower, bath and kitchen
The Mistral Men's Bar Soap Organic is a good choice for men looking for an organic soap alternative. It is also a good option for men like me who seek out bold fragrances. The hand and body wash is made with organic ingredients like moisturizing olive oil, coconut oil, and shea butter.
Image Credits: mistralsoap.com
The soap also has a pleasant, natural scent, which I love, my favorite being black amber. The olive and coconut oil and shea butter blend also help nourish and moisturize my skin, which is great for my sensitive, dry skin.
7. Baxter of California Exfoliating Body Bar Soap
- Perfect Gift for Father's Day Pair with Baxter of California Shave & Shower Essentials
The Baxter of California Exfoliating Body Bar Soap is a gentle exfoliating soap made with natural ingredients like crushed olive seeds and jojoba meal. The soap also contains glycerin, which helps moisturize my skin and is suitable for all skin types.
Image Credits: baxterofcalifornia.com
The exfoliating ingredients are not too harsh on my skin and do a great job removing dead skin cells. I've also noticed that the body bar soap has gradually helped reduce the appearance of my fine lines and wrinkles, which is a major plus as I'm getting older and want to keep my skin looking its best.
8. Ursa Major Natural Bar Soap
- URSA MAJOR MORNING MOJO BAR SOAP - This energizing natural bar soap gives you a delightful clean while exfoliating, soothing and hydrating your skin. Its invigorating aroma, creamy lather and gritty...
- CLEAN, HEALTHY INGREDIENTS - Formulated with naturally-derived ingredients including refreshing peppermint, cleansing coconut, hydrating shea and exfoliating volcanic rock. Made with certified...
- ZERO SUSPECT CHEMICALS - Morning Mojo Bar Soap is paraben-free, fragrance-free and cruelty-free. There are no petrochemicals, sulfates, synthetic fragrance or color, glycols, silicones or PEGs. The...
- WHAT TO EXPECT - This is a cleansing and exfoliating bar soap with a rich, creamy lather and gritty texture. The aroma is a get-up-and-go blend of peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary and grapefruit.
- GOOD TO KNOW - Works great for men and women.
The Ursa Major Natural Bar Soap is a good choice for men looking for a hydrating natural soap. It's made with natural oils like coconut, palm, and shea butter. It also contains volcanic rock, which effectively exfoliates my skin while leaving it naturally moisturized and hydrated.
Image Credits: ursamajorvt.com
The soap also has a pleasant, natural scent that I really enjoy, and the eucalyptus and peppermint keep my skin feeling refreshed and revitalized all day long.
9. Anthony Exfoliating Soap Bar
- CLEANS AND EXFOLIATES— An award-winning soap? You bet. This dual-action bar cleans while jojoba spheres gently exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells that clog pores and lead to acne. Grapefruit...
- ADDS RICH MOISTURE AND COOLS SKIN— Soaps can be drying, but not this one! It has shea butter, squalene and coconut oil that soak in and leave skin moisturized but not oily. Cucumber extract soothes...
- REFRESHES & DEODORIZES WITH LIGHT, MANLY SCENT— Everyone loves a man who smells good. You’ll not only be clean, you’ll give off a natural scent of shea butter, cucumber, grapefruit, and...
- FREE OF ALL THE BAD STUFF— No harmful or irritating parabens, phthalates, GMOs, DEA, or triclosan. Allergy and dermatologist tested. Made cruelty free in the USA.
- FAVORITE WITH GROOMING EXPERTS— Anthony brand men’s grooming products have been featured (and won awards) in top publications, including Men’s Health, New York Times, Forbes, GQ, and Esquire....
The Anthony Exfoliating Soap Bar is another great option for men who want a deep clean. It contains jojoba spheres, which help exfoliate my skin and remove its dead skin cells, while the shea butter and coconut help moisturize my skin, and the cucumber extract leaves a long-lasting soothing relief.
Image Credits: anthony.com
I've also noticed that the dual-action exfoliating and cleansing bar has helped improve the texture of my acne-prone skin. My skin used to be a bit bumpy, but now it's much smoother and softer.
10. Dr. Squatch All-Natural Bar Soap
- RAISE THE BAR on your shower with our sudstastic 3-pack of cold process natural soap featuring a selection of manly scents including: Pine Tar, Cedar Citrus, and Spearmint Basil.
- NATURAL COLD PROCESS SOAP - Made in the USA using a traditional cold process and with nourishing natural ingredients like Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Kaolin Clay.
- NO HARMFUL INGREDIENTS - Our products are 98-100% natural in origin and we never use harsh chemicals or synthetics like parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or silicones.
- DOC’S NOTES - We develop our high-performance natural products specifically for the needs of men so lather up and scrub to smell fresh and feel clean day in and day out.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT - Give the gift of a routine upgrade so everyone can smell like a champion!
I've been using Dr. Squatch's All-Natural Bar Soap for a few months now, and I'm really impressed with it. The soap is made with high-quality ingredients such as coconut oil, kaolin clay, and shea butter, and it lathers up well and leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed.
Image Credits: drsquatch.com
One of the things I love most about the soap is that it's all-natural. This means it doesn't contain harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances, which can irritate sensitive skin. It is also available in a variety of different scents, so you can find one that you really enjoy. My personal favorite is the pine tar scent, but they also have other great scents like cedarwood and spearmint basil.
Factors to Consider When Picking the Best Soap for Men
1. Skin type
The most important factor to consider when choosing a soap is your skin type. If you have dry skin, you'll want to choose a soap that contains moisturizing ingredients. If you have oily skin, the best bar soap for you is an oil-free variety. And if you have sensitive skin, you'll want to choose a soap with hypoallergenic properties.
Look for natural soaps made with organic ingredients and avoid harsh chemicals. Some natural ingredients that are highly beneficial for your skin include coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, and glycerin.
Some people prefer a soap with a masculine scent, like patchouli, while others prefer a more neutral scent. There are also body washes available that are unscented. Choose a soap with a scent that you enjoy.
Soaps for men can range in price from a few dollars to over $20 per bar. Choose a soap that fits your budget. If you're on a tight budget, there are many affordable soaps available at drugstores and grocery stores. However, if you have sensitive skin or other specific needs, you may need to invest in a more expensive soap.
Whether you're looking for a soap that's tough enough to cleanse your skin after a long day at work or one that's gentle enough for your sensitive skin, there's a soap out there that's perfect for you.
If you're looking for a new soap, I highly recommend trying one of the soaps on this list. You won't be disappointed.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Soap for Men
1. What is the best soap for a man to use?
The best soap for a man to use depends on his individual skin type, needs, and personal preference. However, some of the most popular and highly rated men's soaps include Dove Men Bar Cleanser, Duke Cannon Big Ass Brick Of Soap, and Jack Black Turbo Body Bar.
These soaps are all made with high-quality ingredients and are designed to be gentle on the skin. They also come in a variety of scents, so you can find one you enjoy.
2. Which soap removes body odor?
Any soap can help to remove body odor, but some soaps are more effective than others. Soaps that contain antibacterial ingredients, such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, usually help reduce the bacteria that cause body odor.
Soaps that have a strong scent can also help to mask body odor. However, it's important to note that masking body odor does not address the underlying problem. If you have excessive body odor, you may need to visit a specialist to rule out any underlying medical conditions.
3. What is the healthiest men's soap?
The healthiest men's soap is the one that is made with all-natural and organic ingredients and is free of harsh chemicals. Some of the best naturally occurring ingredients for healthy skin include essential oils such as jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, aloe vera, and glycerin.
Avoid using soaps that contain harsh chemicals such as parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. These chemicals can severely irritate the skin and cause other health problems.
4. Which soap is best for hygiene?
Any soap can be used for hygiene, but some are more effective than others. Soaps that contain antibacterial ingredients, such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, can help fight the bacteria that can cause infections. At the same time, soaps with a strong scent can also help mask body odor, which can help reduce the spread of germs.
Featured Image Credits: theadultman.com