What Are Good Walking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis?
One of the main causes of foot pain is plantar fasciitis. It is sometimes referred to as policeman's heel, runner's heel or simply PF. There is still a large group of people out there who experience foot pain but don't know they are suffering from an inflamed plantar fascia. If you feel pain on your feet normally occurring after a few steps after some relaxation, then you are probably suffering from the aforementioned affliction. There are several treatments available for this painful condition, ranging from anti-inflammatories, rest and even surgery for serious cases. However, once you start experiencing feet pain, you should consider wearing shoes for plantar fasciitis, and you will experience relief after some days. The right type of shoes can help you, if you are suffering from this condition. There are several shoes in the market today, all claiming to be well suited for curing your case of the runner's heel. Before you rush out and purchase a pair, here are some factors to consider.
Proper Arch Support
Before anything else, consider a walking or running shoe that supports your arch and heels. It is better to buy an ugly shoe with good arch support than an appealing shoe that is rigid. You should try out different models and brand of shoes, to identify the one with the right amount of arch support. The best shoes for plantar fasciitis ought to provide a firm heel counter, which is slightly elevated. This helps to keep the foot aligned while reducing the load placed on the Achilles tendon. This keeps the foot flexed slightly from the shin area. Just like the plantar fascia, the Achilles bone is attached to the heel bone. This implies that anything that decreases pressure on the Achilles, also reduces chances of getting a painful case of policeman's heel.
The toe-box on your shoes should be wide enough allowing the middle and rear parts of your foot to comfortably roll on the forefoot. On the other hand, it should be inflexible and sturdy enough for preventing too much extension of your great toe. As such, your plantar fascia is prevented from engaging in too much of a windlass mechanism (tightening of the ligament). The windlass mechanism often doesn't work well in people with runner's heel, because it's been over used. You'll want to decrease the use of it by wearing shoes that prevent your feet from moving too much. And that's why walking barefoot is not-done when you are suffering from this condition.
In order to check flexibility, just hold your shoe at both ends and attempt to bend it up. The toe box should bend slightly while the rest of the shoe should remain intact. A wider toe box also allows your toes to move and flex freely, without feeling squeezed together, or rubbing against the side of the shoe.
Solid support and good cushioning are two main features, when buying shoes for plantar fasciitis. If you are looking for a walking or running shoe, then you should not overlook these features. If you have high arches or neutral feet, they might make your foot to roll outwards. When buying the shoe, walk around in it for a while to check whether the support is too hard or weakening. If the shoe feels comfortable on your feet, then you should proceed to purchase it. There is a pretty clear connection between having fewer injuries and good foot comfort. Looks and appearance are important, especially for your work. However, you should go beyond that and shop for a shoe that is comfortable. A shoe with good cushioning will relieve the pain in your feet, while ensuring that there is no build up of stress and fatigue in other areas of your body such as back and legs.
Women's Best Walking, Training, Running Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews
1. Easy Spirit Romy Walking Shoe
- Walking shoe with flexible sole featuring padded collar and cushioned foam sock-liner
This sneaker is ideal for leisure activities and light walking. It features a breathable leather upper, molding perfectly to the feet, for additional comfort. a classic lace-up design makes sure that you enjoy a personalized and adjustable fit. A padded and removable sockliner provides shock absorption and cushioning. It also comes with a rubber outsole for ensuring a durable finish. If you have been having issues with your feet and you found it hard to located a comfortable sneaker, then you should try out the Easy Spirit Romy Walking Shoe. It is one of the best walking shoes for aching feet. If you spend a great amount of your time, then you definitely require a comfortable shoe, to minimize strain on your feet.
This shoe is supportive, comfortable, and slip-resistant, even on wet floors. The shoe is lightweight and fits true to size. It is also stylish, meaning you can combine it with almost everything from your wardrobe. It is easy to clean, and just require a simple wipe with some soap and water. They have plenty of room inside, the quality is excellent, and the cushioning is just what you need, if you have aching feet.
2. RYKA Sky Walking Shoe
- Leather and mesh upper with breathable fabric linings
- Padded collar & tongue
- Cushioned memory foam insole
- EVA midsole for additional cushion
- Skeletal Guidance System for stability
These walking shoes are available in different colors such as cool mist grey, blast purple, fairy lavender, jet ink blue, mint ice, chrome silver, and crystal blue, among others to choose from. Their synthetic and leather uppers have been designed to provide comfort, breathability, durability and beauty. The rubber sole comes with a molded EVA midsole together with a TPU shank that provides supreme comfort and stability. The rubber soles on these shoes also offer great traction, when walking or working on different surfaces. They also feature a memory foam sockliner that provides all day optimal support.
They stand out as among the best shoes for plantar fasciitis. They are true to size and fit perfectly, without calling for any break in period. Additionally, these shoes are very lightweight allowing the toes to move comfortably. They are narrower on the heel, to accommodate the dynamics of ladies’ feet. You can even wear them without socks, and you are not going to suffer from any blisters. However, if you wear thicker socks, it is advisable to order a pair up from your normal size. The arch support on these shoes is just great and they are more comfortable than most running shoes in the market today.
3. SPIRA Classic Leather Walking Shoe
- Lace-up leather walking shoe featuring perforations for breathability and embroidered logo at tongue, side, and heel
- Wavespring technology in heel and forefoot for cushioning
- Slip-resistant outsole for traction
This classic leather shoes offers a springy feel, whenever you are taking a light walk. It has been designed with dual spring technology for reducing harsh impact. This ensures complete comfort, no matter how many walks around the block you want to take. The traditional lace-up closure and the durable leather upper are ideal for daily footwear. The traction and full cushioning will stay with you, wherever you decide to go for a walk.
This walking shoe from Spira offers exception comfort for casual and serious walkers as well as those who spend a huge amount of their day standing. Get unparalleled energy return and great cushioning with this comfortable walking shoe from Spira. If you are a nurse or a medic working in a busy hospital, these shoes will go a long way, in relieving your knee pain, plantar fasciitis and other forms of discomfort observed when you stand on your feet for long. The footbed is removable, allowing you to insert your own orthotics while the toe area is roomy enough, if you prefer wearing thick socks. They encase the foot comfortably while the construction is of high quality, to serve you for long.
4. Vionic Women’s Kona Fitness
- Kona Black 6 WIDE = 0 M US/4 UK/ 37 EU. Kona Black 7 WIDE = 5 UK/38 EU. Kona Black 8 WIDE = 2 M US/6 UK/39 EU. Kona Navy 6 WIDE = 0 M US. Kona Navy 8 WIDE = 2 M US.
- Mesh Upper. Removable Footbed. Rubber Outsole.
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE SNEAKERS: Get up and head outside! Now's the perfect time to upgrade your fitness footwear to this sporty pair that provides the ultimate in flexible support.
- EVERYDAY SUPPORT: A podiatrist-designed footbed built into every pair of Vionic sandals, slippers, active shoes and flats promotes stability from the ground up.
- VIONIC SHOES: Vionic brings together style and science, combining innovative biomechanics with the most coveted trends.
Whether you are looking for a pair of shoes for your workouts, an everyday casual shoe or just something to wear as you stroll around the neighborhood, you can count on the Orthofeet PF Coral to keep your feet happy and look stylish. These comfortable and fashionable sneakers are among the best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis. The upper is made of faux leather and mesh, which provide ample support and stability while allowing optimal ventilation. The faux leather surrounds all the high impact areas such as the forefoot, the instep, and the heel area, thus minimizing premature wear and tear.
Both the tongue and the collar are adequately padded to provide you with ankle support as well as additional cushioning and comfort. And with the traditional lace-up closure, you can adjust these shoes according to your preferred fit. For the midsole, Vionic has equipped the Kona Fitness with a firm but flexible orthotic insert. Also, the orthotic insert is removable, meaning you can customize the midsole section to suit personal your needs and preferences. And with a durable, high-traction rubber outsole, you have a versatile pair of shoes that suits various needs.
Men's Best Walking, Training, Jogging Sneakers For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews
1. Skechers Performance Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe
- Radically lightweight
- Full length Go Mat energy return insole
- Memory foam cushioned heel and vamp
- Performance fit breathable upper
- Two piece midsole constructed of resalyte and goga pillars energizes every step. Multi directional traction sole
For a seamless combination of style and performance, this is the ideal shoe. It is an easy shoe to slip on while providing exception arch support. In terms of construction, this shoe has been designed using a breathable mesh surface. As such, you are able to wear very thin socks thus preventing excessive perspiration. On top of that, fungal infection is prevented while providing you with comfort, wherever you take a step. Featuring squish technology, you are provided with a shoe that allows ease of movement to the maximum. The honeycomb structured voids and walls work together to provide comfort and protection to the foot, when you are walking. This technology also prevents heel chaffing and other similar discomforts that are normally caused by less flexible or harder insoles.
The insole features the GoGa mat technology. With this technology, the heel cushion has been manufactured within the insole. Therefore, there are no additional insoles required, for those with a slightly raised arch. With such a high rebound time, you are assured that you can spend more time on your feet, without feeling tired. A grippy memory foam outsole helps to effectively frame the feet without limiting movement. It offers you comfort as well as promoting a natural foot profile. One main feature about these shoes is the Go-Pillars fitted underneath the outsole. These rubbers work together with the heel, helping to absorb maximum shock. If you are looking for a great walking shoe that is stylish and comfortable, while supporting your natural arch, then this is the ideal shoe.
2. Nike Air Monarch IV Running Shoe
- MEN'S LEATHER SNEAKERS: Leather upper features overlays for support and perforations for airflow.
- COMFORTABLE TRAINING: Foam Phylon midsole and full-length encapsulated Air-Sole unit cushions for comfort and support.
- NATURAL MOTION: Solid rubber outsole is durable and provides traction over varied surfaces.
- LIGHTWEIGHT GYM SHOE: Mesh shoe tongue enhances breathability and heel pull tab helps with easy on and off
- NIKE MEN'S SHOE: Imported and man made with synthetic sole
This is multipurpose athletic shoe for your different training needs. This shoe delivers excellent traction, solid support, and lightweight cushioning. This combined with an updated sleek design helps the shoe to withstand rigorous training while eliminating stress on your feet. For durability and support, the shoe comes with overlays. A full-length Phylon midsole provides lightweight cushioning while the multi-pattern durable outsole provides enhanced traction on different surfaces. This is the ideal shoe in terms of comfort. A soft fabric lining ensures that there is no irritation, which is a common feature with other training shoes. on the other hand, perforations on the upper and a mesh tongue in the forefoot and midfoot areas enhance breathability, cooling your feet, when things heat up.
For protection, the outsole wraps around the toes perfectly while also providing durability. Cushioning has been taken care of by the softer landings, which is a very important feature, when you are undertaking hard training sessions. From an aggressive heel tread to a pivot circle on the forefoot region, this shoe keeps your feet comfortable and grounded, when training or walking on different surfaces. Additionally, the stability feature on the outsole prevents pronation and foot rolling for forefoot flexibility.
3. Asics Men's Gel Venture 5 Running Shoe
- Outdoor-ready runner with mesh and brushstroke-patterned underlays
- Rearfoot GEL cushioning
- Removable sockliner accommodates medical orthotics
- Trail-specific outsole with reversed traction lugs
- AHAR outsole rubber in critical high-wear areas
The Asics Gel Venture 5 is a high-performance walking and training shoe, which provides plenty of underfoot cushioning, remarkable comfort as well as long-lasting durability. It comes with a durable mesh upper, which feels soft against the skin while keeping the foot chamber well ventilated. The breathable mesh upper also helps to prevent the build-up of unpleasant odors, which is a common phenomenon with running and walking shoes. They are also equipped with a smooth sock liner, which helps to prevent potential irritation. Their upper also features a heel and toecap, designed to protect these vulnerable areas of the foot. On the other hand, a rear pull-on tab will make your work easier when it’s time to put on or remove these shoes.
Asics shoes are renowned for their comfort, and the Gel-Venture 5 is no exception. These high arch plantar fasciitis shoes come with an EVA midsole, which provides comfort and cushioning while preventing strains, pain and other discomforts that may arise from running or prolonged walking. The cushioning system employed in these shoes is also lightweight. Therefore, it will decent shock-absorption, arch support and cushioning, without adding too much weight to the shoe.
These men’s running shoes for plantar fasciitis come with an outsole that is optimized and engineered for trail-running or other similar terrains. The outsole features several multi-directional lugs, which grip the ground firmly, thus providing the traction needed to keep you going. Made of Asics High Abrasion Rubber or AHAR, this sturdy and durable outsole will also protect your feet against hazards that you may come across on the trail. On the other hand, the vertical and horizontal grooves present on the outsole will provide flexibility, thus helping the foot to move naturally while minimizing fatigue. With their durable construction, innovative design, and unmatched comfort, the Asics Gel-Venture 6 is a great choice for anyone who needs a pair of running shoes for plantar fasciitis.
4. Xelero Matrix Comfort Therapeutic Extra Depth Sneaker Shoe Leather/mesh lace-up
- The Xelero XRS Technology provides greater stability and control. This cutting edge system supports natural gait pattern. The XRS technology is integrated in the midsole. The flat outsole provides optimal stability, while the propulsion element promotes a laterally stable forward propulsion, without changing your natural gait pattern and without losing your balance.
- The XRS Technology provides dynamic and stable forward motion during walking.
- The EVA Midsole supports a comfortable, stable, and accelerated heel-to-toe transistion, providing impact absorption.
- The XRS adds control, guidance and extra shock absorption. The center of gravity shifts as a consequence of the natural gait. The XRS System continues the forward motion. The internal control plate provides a stable platform for toe off. The body is shifted forward and the foot takes off.
- Sizes: 8-14 - Widths: D, 2E, 4E - Shoe Cover: Soft Leather.
If you are looking for a comfortable pair plantar fasciitis walking shoes, then the Xelero Motion is a great choice. Featuring a sporty look and a plush interior, every step will be comfortable and stable whenever you are wearing these shoes. Apart from that, their unique upper construction helps to prevent or reduce calf and ankle injuries. Recommended by renowned orthopedic surgeons, these shoes offer the perfect combination of stability, support, and comfort. Therefore, if you have plantar fasciitis, arthritis, or any other foot-related injury, then these shoes are perfect for your needs. They will ensure that your feet are properly aligned at all times. Even you spend more than 8 hours on your feet, these plantar fasciitis walking shoes will keep your feet happy throughout the day.
These shoes are equipped with the proprietary Xelero technology, which makes sure that you have adequate stability. On the other hand, the midsole provides cushioning and shock absorption while the seamless lining eliminates friction, blisters and hot spots. Furthermore, the EVA insoles provide an additional layer of cushioning and arch support. These lightweight walking shoes are further equipped with Dri-lex lining, which wicks away moisture while keeping your feet cool and dry.
How to Find the Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes?
Despite the fact that I have thoroughly researched the above shoes, it is entirely possible that they are not suitable for you for some reason. And because of that, I have also compiled a list of handy dandy tips that you can use to help you find the best shoe for you, that will help treat or cure your heel pain.
- For starters... make sure that a shoe you have bought in order to support your heels, actually supports your heels and does not make them more painful than they already are. They are supposed to stay painfree.
- The midsole of your shoe has to be really flexible so that it can bend along with the natural stride of your feet. You can test this by simply bending the shoe. Also make sure that they have a good heel cup in there for proper heel support.
- It can help to get a shoe that has motion control, which will help you get greater stability. You can either be a pronator, supinator or a neutral. If you don't know which one you are, ask your friendly neighborhood podiatrist. His advice can help you find the right shoe.
- When confronted with the choice for either leather soles or rubber soles, it is always best to go with rubber soles. Rubber soles are far better at absorbing shocks. But rubber soles tend to have wear and tear, so you've got to make sure to get them resoled in time. Or simply replace them with a new pair.
- Shoes with open toes (so sandals... actually) can give you much more comfort than regular shoes. Run of the mill flip flops do not provide a whole lot of support.
- Never buy a shoe that doesn't have a heel, or that does not have good heel support. The heels should always be at least 1" thick. Don't even bother with regular flat sandals. These do not provide the support your feet so desperately need.
- If you're a woman and you frequently wear high heels... lay off the high heels for a while. I know you want to look good. But I take it you also want to feel good. So give your poor feet a rest already.
- When trying on new shoes, try them on in the evening rather than the morning. In the evening your feet are always going to be bigger than they are in the morning, because they swell during the day. Trying shoes on later in the day, will help you determine whether they are actually a good fit or not.