When it comes to getting dressed and ready for any occasion, it is not always about fashion; comfort should be a priority. Additionally, with many brands offering men's pants, finding comfortable everyday wear can be challenging. With this demand, there is a need to find the best pants for men.
Finding formal or the best casual pants for men can sound simple, but it takes more than just a brand name. In this guide, we have tried and selected some of the best pants for every occasion. So whether you are looking for something a bit parred back or a formal look, we have picked out the best.
In this exploration, I look into some of the best pants in the market. Claiming the top of my list is Mizzen+ Main Helmsman Chino Pants. These pants are all-round and stylish. With Mizzen+ Main Helmsman Chino Pant, you can hop from work, hang out with friends, and relax on the couch while still looking great.
Following at a close second is Amazon Essentials Men's Athletic-Fit Casual Stretch Chino Pant. A pair of chino works at a casual event and in a more formal setting. Amazon Essentials Men's Athletic-Fit Casual Stretch Chino Pant is comfortable and designed from high-quality fabric. Third place is OCHENTA Men's Casual Military Cargo Pants. These pants are perfect because they can be worn as everyday wear and out for adventure in the wild.
Best Types Of Pants for Men
1. Best Overall Performance Pants: Mizzen+ Main Helmsman Chino Pant
- PERFORMANCE MEN'S CHINO - Lightweight, moisture wicking fabric that breathes, stretches, & wicks away moisture, keeping you cool and comfortable
- TRIM FIT - Slim through the hip and thigh with a taper from the knee down for a leaner fit. The leg opening is 14.5"; Tailored look for the best fit
- TWO-WAY STRETCH - Slacks designed to stretch and move with you for all-day comfort; Men's pants are made out of 100% polyester for continuous movement
- CARE - NO dry cleaning. Chino pants machine wash on cold, inside out for best results & tumble dry on low heat; Save time and money!
- BARON COLLECTION - Tailored traditional look with a natural waist fit. Crafted from a stretchy, lightweight fabric with superior quick dry properties. *Model is 6'0". Wearing size 30W Trim fit
Men will have one pair of trousers and five shirts to wear with. We make it work and still look good without much hassle. Therefore, a pair of pants that can get you from work, take you through the weekend, and still look great in a bar is a win. These Mizzen+ Main Helmsman Chino Pants are nice enough for work, comfortable on the couch, and trendy enough for a weekend with friends.
Image Credits: flipkart.com
The Bad Boys are undoubtedly one of my best pants. They not only look and fit perfectly, but they feel comfortable without restricting my movement. No matter how much movement I make throughout the day, these pants are designed from a stretchy, breathable fabric for maximum comfort.
2. Best Overall Chinos: Amazon Essentials Men's Athletic-Fit Casual Stretch Chino Pant
- ATHLETIC FIT: Extra room in the hip and thigh for athletic builds. Sits at the waist.
- FABRIC: Tops are cut from our soft and naturally breathable lightweight cotton jersey. Leggings are cut from compact cotton-stretch jersey suitable for a snugger fit.
- OUTFIT ESSENTIALS: A mini capsule wardrobe for your child, these sets feature core silhouettes in coordinating prints and colors with mix and match styling details.
- DETAILS: Packs feature top, dress, and tunic with coordinating full-length leggings. The dress has an elasticated waist with decorative bow detail and pockets, the tunic features a ruffle flounce at...
The best thing about Chinos is how easy it is to turn it from casual wear to a complete formal look. Chinos are great because you can have them on for work and still transition easily to the bar without looking too dressy. Amazon Essential's cotton Chinos are designed to offer a perfect balance between comfort and perfect fit.
Image Credits: arneclo.com
These straight-legged pants are wrinkle-resistant with a classic look and a relaxed fit. Additionally, it comes designed with straight legs and a zipper closure for a seamless look. Amazon Essentials chino is the perfect pants for any man who wants to look good.
3. Best Overall Cargo Pants: OCHENTA Men's Casual Military Cargo Pants
- COMFORT FIT: Pants for men sits at waist, loose fit, straight leg, ties at the waist and legs
- CLASSIC 8 POCKETS CARGO PANTS: 2 hand pockets, 2 back pockets, 4 side cargo pockets, Left pocket under zipper is no functionality, only for aesthetics, casual style provides proper pocket for the cell...
- ENOUGH ROOM: Regular fit work pants with an action gusset crotch and deep front pockets, allow easy range of motion. Pick one size up for baggy effect, solid and Y Coffee pattern cargo casual pants...
- STURDY FABRIC: Ripstop fabric, for long-lasting durability and comfort, this ripstop tactical pant offers versatile, relaxed fit, use it as hunting pants, military style BDUs, costume pants etc
- Y Coffee costume pants men for outdoor activities( paintball, climbing, hiking, camping, hunting, travel, work, tactical, trip, backpack), home lounging and everyday use, valentines day gifts for...
Cargo pants are part of the current revival of the 90s fashion. These comfortable cargos are a versatile pair of pants that can be worn every day or when adventuring. Cargo pants look flattering on almost every body type, making them a must-have for any man.
Image Credits: elcov.org
Ochenta men's cargo pants are for practical men who love comfort and fashion. My favorite things about this pair are its relaxed fit and the 8 cargo pockets. I can't help but appreciate the addition of drawstrings that make it easier for me to show off my sneakers. The simplicity of its design makes Ochenta the best cargo pants in my wardrobe.
4. Best Dress Pants For Men: Brooks Brothers Milano
- Slim Fit.
- Fly closure with zipper, button and buttonhole closure.
- Front off seam pockets & coin pocket.
- Back single welt pockets.
Dress pants aren't only for formal events. You can still step up your game and look good in a pair any day of the week. Pick out a pair of high-quality pants, and somehow, your confidence also goes shooting over the roof. For a perfect fit and a comfortable feeling, buy dress pants made from either wool or wool flannel. Brook Brothers are top-of-the-range brand icons when it comes to formal wear.
Image Credits: pinterest.com
I have several Brook Brothers suits, but my fascination with their Stretch Supima Cotton Poplin Chino Slim Fit Pants is justified. These pants fit perfectly and are easily paired with my blazers and shirts. While they don't fit in a bar, they are perfect for when you want to be formal but still feel a bit laid back. The only downside to dress pants is that they need dry cleaning, making them one of those garments you just wear occasionally.
5. Best Slim Fit Jeans: Calvin Klein Men's Slim Straight Fit Sustainable Vintage Indigo Jeans
- Slim straight fit: sits at waist and slim straight leg
- Organic cotton denim for a classic feel in a sustainable design
- Care for your denim sustainably - wash sparingly, inside out in cold water, hang dry
- Zip fly and button closure
- 5-pockets and belt loops
When referring to casual pants, one of the most obvious picks will be jeans. Jeans are casual wear that have existed for way over a century. Jeans fall into the category of best men's pants because you can find something for everyone. If you are looking for slim-fit jeans, they are available. If, on the other hand, you prefer a more relaxed fit, the variety is also available.
Compared to other garments, jeans have an unmatched record in the market. Additionally, a pair of jeans can fit into almost any occasion, making them a must-have in every man's wardrobe.
Image Credits: vanityforbes.com
My go-to pair of jeans is Calvin Klein. It is a brand that is undoubtedly a force in the fashion industry. The versatility that comes with jeans is the part I love the most. These slim, straight-fit Calvin Klein jeans feel comfortable on my skin thanks to the organic cotton used in their design.
Depending on what I pair it with, a pair of jeans can be worn for almost every occasion. Whether you're looking for classic stonewashes, or a slim-fit pair, Calvins will become your favorite jeans.
6. Best Budget Pants: NIKE Unlined Commuter Pants
- Standard fit for a relaxed, easy feel
- Room in the thighs gives way to a tapered fit from the knee down.
- A bonded zipper pocket, woven Futura flag label and contrast taping (on select versions) are signature Tech Essential details.
- The elastic waistband helps you dial in the fit.
- Front hand pockets provide quick storage for your phone, keys and cards.
With everything happening globally, expensive items are drifting further away from most people. For this reason, everyone wants to get quality but at an affordable price. Cheap doesn't always have to mean low quality, especially with Nike in the fashion industry.
Nike is known as the master in everything performance. However, the company also specializes in design and fit, which brought the existence of the commuter pants. Deviating from the company's known sportswear, the commuter pants are designed to be an everyday wear.
Image Credits: pinterest.com
My job has me covering miles every day, and I love that these pairs of pants allow me to cover long distances without breaking a sweat. A closer look at these Nike pants and you'll see a bit of an athletic feel to them. However, these pants are more polished than sweatpants and can be easily worn as work pants.
One thing I found to be very interesting, especially because you can't tell at first glance, is the elastic waist. Plus, it has zippered pockets for a flawless look that I just can't get enough of.
What To Look For When Buying Men's Pants
When buying men's pants, there are a few mandatory considerations to keep in mind. You want a trouser that is not just comfortable but will look and last longer.
a). Ensure You Have the Correct Fit
The most important element to consider when purchasing pants for men is the fit. The fit of pants is majorly seen in the pant legs. A slim fit or straight fit pant will have a more polished look than one with a slouchy appearance. There are occasions when casual pants can allow for a baggy fit, like when you want to rock a street-style look.
Other than the leg of the pants, the waist is another aspect that determines the fit of the pants. The rule of thumb is to go for a size as close to your proper waist size as possible. It is especially crucial to get the correct waist measurement when buying formal or warrior dress pants. Casual pants tend to be a little flexible; some are designed with waistbands, and others have a drawstring waist.
Lastly, when considering the perfect fit of pants, consider the inseam length. The inseam length runs from the crotch seam to the bottom of the pant legs. If you get the inseam measurement wrong, your trousers will still have a tight fit or appear too short, even with the correct waist size.
b). Pay Close Attention to Fabric
Fabric is very important as well when buying pants for men. High-quality fabrics such as organic cotton, wool, and twill are durable but not lightweight. It is, therefore, important to consider what you want the pants for and where you intend to wear them the most. If you are going to the gym, you need pants designed with breathable material. Wool is too rigid for gym pants, and despite being a high-quality fabric, it may not be the best for workouts.
On the other hand, when you go for fabrics like polyester, spandex, and elastane, you'll find them more accommodating in the gym. These materials stretch perfectly and have higher breathability than cotton or wool. The only downside to these fabrics is that they are not as durable. With polyester and the like, you will have workout gear that looks athletic but is not durable pants.
Image Credits: mrporter.com
c). Consider flexible Style
One of the smartest tricks is to get pants that can be worn for formal settings as well as casual pants. Pants that fit well as wear-anywhere are chinos, work pants, or pleated pants that can easily work as best casual pants and formal wear. Cargo pants are also a great option if you want pants that have a relaxed fit and can work well anywhere.
Flexibility is important, but the only thing to ensure is that the fabrics are high quality.
I). What pants are best for men?
Chinos, cargo, dress pants, joggers, and jeans are the best pants to own as a man. Nonetheless, these are basic that can be pulled off by anyone. On the other hand, if you are more adventurous, you can go for pleated pants for men and others who need more experience.
II). What are casual pants?
Casual pants for men are anything that's not as fancy as dress pants are. There are numerous casual pants for men in the market, like joggers, jeans, cargos, chinos, and more. When it comes to casual pants, it will boil down to preference because there is so much to pick from.
III). What pants are business casual?
There are no better business casual pants than a pair of chinos. The versatility that these pairs of pants bring to your wardrobe is unmatched. You can wear chinos with loafers, Oxford shirts or even dress shoes. Whatever style you are going for, business casual trousers allow you to enjoy flexibility in all environments. Other options are work pants and pleated pants; you can dress these down to have a business casual look.
IV). How do you style casual pants?
Casual pants are the best and easiest men's pants to style. Regardless of the dress code, casual trousers can easily be dressed up or down. You can pair casual pants with a t-shirt, bomber, and white sneakers for a dressed-down look. Another option is to dress them up with a button-down shirt, blazer, and some derbies. Casual pants don't have any hard or fast rules when styling them; you can have fun and look great without much worry.
V). Are chinos dress pants?
Chinos are not dress pants, though they can be worn on formal occasions. They are not as casual as jeans but also not as formal as wool pants. Chinos can be dressed up or down depending on where you are going and what you pair them with.
While every pair of men's pants is different, there are those pants that just stand out. The best pants for one man may differ from what someone else prefers. Nonetheless, some pants are must-haves in any practical man's wardrobe. The best option is to stock up on different pants for different occasions.
The rule of thumb is to ensure that any pant you buy is crafted from quality fabric. Durability and versatility determine how good one pant is compared to another. So, as you grow into your style, look into some of the best men's pants that can be dressed up and down as desired.