Ever tried to hike with PF?
I know I have... and it's not a pleasant experience.
In order to spare my dear Boot Bomb readers from having to withstand the same agony I've put myself through all those years ago when I was still young and naive, I hereby proudly present to you the finest selection of PF hikers that I could find.
Women's Hiking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
1. KEEN Women's Voyageur Mid Hiking Boot
- UPPER: water resistant leather keeps your feet dry and performance mesh increases air flow
- TRACTION & PROTECTION: 4mm multi directional lugs for increased traction on and off the trails; KEEN.ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole for higher traction grip when you need it
- SUPPORT: stability support shank provides support on uneven surfaces; injected heel capture system provides next level stability by holding the heel in place
- FIT: mid profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar
- COMFORT: removable metatomical footbed design provides excellent arch support and cradles to the natural contours of the foot
Introduced as breathable and lightweight hikers for warm-weather hiking, these shoes come with all the features you need when it comes to a good summer shoe for your high temperature, outdoor adventures. The toe box is roomy, allowing your toes to move freely. At the same time, it is lightweight, which allows you to cover more ground with less fatigue. The shoe is available in low-cut and mid versions. It can provide a high range of ankle motion, while ensuring your ankles remain supported. There is a toe protection at the front, making them feel more supportive and durable around the forefoot.
The sole and the multi-directional lugs offer good traction, especially on terrains that are not very technical. They are durable and sturdy. The extra rubber fitted on the toes, protects against toe stubbing when you are descending on steep slopes. An EVA midsole makes them comfortable and light. The shoe is lined with moisture wicking textile, that is very efficient in repelling water. If your hiking trail has a lot of dew coated grass or shallow streams that need to be crossed, this boot will perform well.
2. KEEN Women's Targhee 3 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
- WATERPROOF: KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long by allowing vapor out without letting water in
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; Non marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace or imprints when walking indoors
- SUPPORT: External Support Shank and mid cut height adds ankle support and balance on uneven surfaces; Contoured heel provides next level stability
- FIT: Mid profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar
- COMFORT: Removable metatomical footbed design provides excellent arch support and cradles to the natural contours of the foot
Excellent comfort, great traction and very lightweight. That best describes this KEEN hiker. And it also explains why they are so immensly popular among hikers all around the world. If you are looking for hiking shoes for wide feet, then these are ideal. These Targhee IIs contain a shank that give your feet extra stability. This translates to less fatigue when going on those long hikes. You can lace these shoes up so well that they will remain on your feet comfortably, even when you are stepping around on uneven ground. It’s also very roomy, allowing you to wear thick socks in colder seasons.
The upper of this hiker features nubuck leather, together with breathable mesh around the tongue. The shoe has also been fitted a dual density EVA midsole together with a large rubber toe rand, to offer extra protection. Despite the high levels of stability offered by this shoe, comfort is not compromised. The EVA dual density footbed provides the necessary cushioning needed for extra packweight and long hikes. The thick ankle cuff will keep your feet comfortable and protected, especially when descending steeply downhill.
3. KEEN Women's Steens Vent Hiking Shoe
- Removable EVA footbed with arch support for all-day comfort
- EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning
- KEEN.ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole for higher-traction grip
- Non-marking rubber outsole leaves no trace
- 4mm multi-directional lugs for traction
The KEEN Women's Steens Vent Hiking Shoe is a comfortable hiking shoe that provides stability and traction of a level that you normally only find on shoes. The shoe is slightly updated from the previous version, and now comes in two distinct colors, chocolate chip and astral aura. They are lightweight hiking shoes, but at the same time they still manage to remain sturdy and stable. The combination of these features, makes them ideal for hiking long distances. The midsole construction, the sole, the forefoot flexibility, the ankle shaft and the stability are all top notch in these Montara IIs. This shoe features vibram soles that are tough and rigid.
The shoes will hold up well, even after covering several miles of rocky steam beds and rugged terrain. The midsoles feature dual density EVA for cushioning. You are also going to like the heel flexibility on these shoes. On the other hand, numentum technology creates support and stability in the instep. Despite being constructed with Nubuck leather, they are very flexible, especially on the upper and forefoot. You’ll be hard pressed to find any pressure on your instep from the leather upper. Your feet will be able to bend plenty in these shoes. They are capable of accomodating you on different terrains. They are water resistant and breathable, thanks to the EVent breathable and waterproof membrane lining, applied to the inside.
4. Merrell Siren Edge Hiking Shoe
- Athletically styled hiker featuring seamless upper overlays with color-pop webbing and ghillie laces
- Breathable mesh lining
- Bellows tongue to keep out debris
- M-Select FIT.ECO contoured footbed with organic odor control
- Shock-absorbing air cushion heel
Hike your heart out with the Merrell Siren Edge Hiking Shoe. It is one of the best hiking shoes for slippery rocks, thanks to the great amount of traction that it gives you. The shoe features durable construction, a simple design, and lightweight support. The shoe provides several technical features, that are normally found in shoes that are more expensive.
In terms of comfort, these shoes rank among the best. They are light in weight and have ortholite footbeds that provides your feet with a cushy feel. They provide ongoing comfort that will last you every mile of the way. The support and comfort is added by Qform Comfort midsoles. The cushion and padding gives you an air of luxury, whenever you are out hiking in the wilderness. You can hike for more than 25 miles in a day and you will not feel rushed to get these shoes off your feet.
They offer sufficient flexibility, which allows the foot to bend together with some softness. However, despite their softness, they do not compromise in the support department. The soles are firm enough to really lay that support on thickly. The firmness of the sole is enhanced by the 4.5mm lug depth. This support and depth protects your heels and supports your ankles. The traction provided by these shoes is aggressive on loose dirt, rock or granite. Hiking and travelling in this shoe gives you unmatched versatility, in different conditions, locations and terrains.
Men's Hiking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Reviews
1. Merrell Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe
- Hiking shoe with water-resistant leather and mesh upper featuring rubber toe bumper and heel counter
- Compression-molded EVA foot frame
- Air Cushion midsole and Vibram Multi-Sport TC5+ rubber outsole
If you are looking for comfort and good hiking speed, then you could stand to have a little looksy at these Merrell Moabs. They have the same features as their female counterpart, such as support, padding, traction and midsoles. Like the name suggests, this shoe’s ventilation makes this a very breathable shoe. It features an air cushioned midsole and a vibram multi sport outsole, for support, durability and traction.
When hiking on dry and hot trails, it will keep you dry, cool and comfy. When crossing streams or creeks, it will drain quickly and then dry quickly. It provides excellent traction on gravel and dry rock, while the wide forefoot offers a stable platform. In terms of comfort, they are available in both wide and regular sizes. One of the things you’ll notice right from the get go, is that this hiker is very lightweight.
The comfortable upper, in combination with the elegant lacing system, will ensure that you won’t have to suffer the slightest bit of discomfort. Another great feature of this shoe is its stability. The wide forefoot goes a long way in helping to make it as stable as it is. It will give you lots of support, even on super challenging trails. It is available in different colors. If you like taking the easier trails, then this lightweight Merrell Moab hiker is also a really great choice.
It’s designed for days when it’s hot and dry. Should your feet get wet anyway, then they’ll be dry in no time, letting you enjoy your hike with the comfort you desire. In order to add extra cushioning, the footbeds have been anatomically shaped. The tongue is padded with mesh, which helps to protect your feet from the pressure that laces can sometimes exert on them.
2. Merrell Chameleon 7 Stretch Hiking Shoe
- Vibram TC5+ outsole
- Kinetic Fit Base removable contoured insole for flexible support
The Merrell Chameleon 7 Stretch is a powerful and lightweight trail running pair of shoes, which can tackle any terrain at whatever pace. From the outsole to the upper, you will appreciate its high-quality workmanship. Merrell is a renowned manufacturer when it comes to hiking shoes. And with the Chameleon 7 Stretch, you will enjoy lightweight hiking on diverse terrains. These men’s hiking shoes for plantar fasciitis are equipped with a Vibram TC5 outsole, which supplies lightweight and secure traction. As for the upper, these shoes are designed to deliver a great blend of protection and breathability.
Merrell has used their proprietary Tuned Flexplate technology in the midsole, designed to supply a stable ride for hikers and trail runners. Apart from that, this technology ensures that your feet have ample protection against inward rolling – a major contributor to foot injuries. And as much as this pair of shoes comes with high levels of stability, they have not compromised on flexibility. They deliver a great degree of responsiveness, thus making it easy to change direction and speed. These shoes are further fitted with a removable EVA insole, which molds to the shape of your feet, to give you a customized fit.
3. Merrell Men's Moab 2 Mid Gtx Hiking Boot
- GORE-TEX waterproof membrane, exceptional breathability and waterproof performance
- Synthetic leather and mesh upper
- Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Vibram TC5+ sole
The Merrell Men's Moab 2 Mid Gtx Hiking Boot is a breathable, yet waterproof hiking shoe, suitable for different conditions. It features a GORE-TEX lining for breathability and total weather protection. They also come with a bellows tongue, which helps in keeping out debris, such as small stones, sticks, clumps of dirt and other stuff you’d rather keep out.
A heel counter and a synthetic leather toe cap, keep your feet and toes protected really well. Featuring Aegis Antimicrobial solution, maximum foot comfort is ensured. Also in the long run, because these will never stink the place up due to their antimicrobial treatment. The Merrell Air Cushion fitted on the heels, helps to add stability and also absorps shocks really well. The Vibram multi sport outsole, provides reliable traction when you are hiking on different terrains.
4. Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoe
- Sporty shoe for day hiking with approach-shoe durability, stability and comfort
- 1.6mm suede leather upper
- Highly tunable lace system
- Molded EVA and TPU Plate midsole for stability
- Vasque Off the Grid rubber outsole for added comfort
The Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoe offers a great choice for light backpacking and day hiking. Thanks to its highly tunable lacing system, you are going to have the snuggest fit of your life. The shoe features a very breathable construction. Next to hiking, you can use this shoe for your everyday casual wear. It is comfortable and fits well, without you having to break them in.
On top of that, it comes with minimal and flexible padding around the opening, providing the ankle with a great feel. It comes with a unique lacing system, that allows you to adjust the tightness of the shoe in great detail. It has no waterproof lining, so it not so much suitable for taking a hike in wet conditions and/or weather. The small vent holes on the leather tongue still make it highly breathable. The traction is sufficient and the support is also more than adequate for its intended purpose.
5. KEEN Voyageur Hiking Shoe
- UPPER: Water-resistant leather upper repels water and performance mesh increases air flow
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high-traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces with 4mm multi-directional lugs; Non-marking rubber outsoles leave no trace when walking indoors
- SUPPORT: The torsion stability support shank provides support on uneven surfaces; The injected heel-capture system provides next-level stability
- FIT & COMFORT: Low-profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar; The removable, metatomical dual density footbed provides excellent arch support and cradles to the natural contours of the foot
- CARE TIPS: Gently brush with a soft bristle brush or hand towel to remove dirt; Stains can be treated by lightly rubbing a with a gum eraser
Let have a look at these totally smashing KEENs! The toe box is roomy, allowing your toes to move freely. These Voyageurs are also lightweight, so you won’t become tired from dragging around weight on your feet all day long. Next to the low cut version you see displayed here, there is also a mid cut version available. They support your ankles really well, but leave enough room for them to have some motion. You can see the toe protection prominently displayed at the front. This goes a long way in preventing painful toe stubs.
You will also feel well protected in them, for sure. The sole features lugs, pointing in multiple directions. This can really help you in gaining traction where needed. But keep in mind that these are still shoes and not boots, so don’t take them with you on terrains that are too technical. Then you should probably go with the mid cut version of the Voyageurs, which are more boot’ey than shoe’ey. They are definitely sturdy though to last you for a long time. The toe protection is really handy for when you stub your toes. And stub them you shall, especially when you are going down a steep slope. They are very comfortable to wear and lightweight too, in part thanks to the EVA midsole. It is lined with moisture wicking textile that is very efficient in repelling water.
Don’t be afraid to take this boot through shallow bodies of water, or even grass that is coated in dew. It will hold up. Despite its waterproofness, the shoe is also ideal for hiking in desert landscapes or other hot weather terrains. They are lightweight, supportive, and comfortable. If you’re a lightweight backpacker, you are going to love the Voyageur!