Baby nails usually grow fast, so you should trim them once a week to prevent accidental scratching on their face or other body parts. Also, trimming the nails will keep dirt and bacteria from creeping underneath them. We, therefore, recommend buying the best electric nail trimmer, one of the reasons being that they are kid-friendly and don't hurt them. Additionally, they can be used by adults, especially the elderly and people with arthritis.
Top 5 Best Electric Nail Trimmers For Kids and the Elderly
1. Royal Angels Baby Nail Clippers (20 in 1)
- ✅NAIL CUTTING MADE EASY: Royal Angels electric nail files are designed to SAFELY and QUICKLY trim and polish little toe and fingernails for both BABIES and ADULTS. It is super soft and will NOT DAMAGE cuticles and nail beds.
- ✅20 in 1 VALUE SET: Each set comes with 6 cushioned sandpapers file attachments for baby's nails, and 4 file attachments for adult's nails. BONUS: 8 EXTRA replacement emery file pads!! You will NEVER NEED TO BUY replacement sandpaper/file!!
- ✅ 30 DAYS FULL REFUND & 18 MONTHS WARRANTY- Royal Angels offers 30 days refund for any reason if you are not satisfied with our products. Along with the premium materials and quality, we are also providing a 18 months warranty with any purchase. We are here to help if you need to contact us at any means.
- ✅WHISPER QUIET & LED LIGHTED: The nail file is powered by a powerful but WHISPER QUIET motor. With a LED light aimed at fingernails, you can trim your baby’s nail even while they are asleep!
- ✅PORTABLE AND EASY TO USE DESIGN: These nail files are super EASY TO USE with only 1 button to control speed and rotation (clockwise/reverse). Powered by two AA batteries, it can sustain for long time usage. Each set comes with a travel case for easier storage and portability.
Count on the Royal Angels Nail Clippers for the best electric nail trimmer that's all in one. This electric trimmer set has everything I need to trim the fingernails and toenails of everyone in my family, irrespective of age. It comes with one main unit, four filing attachments for adults, six filing attachments for baby nails, eight replacement pads for babies and adults, and a travel case.
Image Source: momjunction.com
The nail clipper is designed to safely trim and polish toes and fingernails for babies and adults. It is quite gentle, allowing me to trim and polish my baby's nails without damaging the cuticles or nail beds. Conversely, I use it with a single hand since only one button controls the power, direction, and speed settings. It's also worth mentioning that I usually have an easy time trimming my nails at night because the nail trimmer comes with a LED light.
2. Haakaa Electric Baby Nail Clipper Kit
- [ Safety and Effective ] - Haakaa electric baby nail trimmer is designed to trim and polish toenails and fingernails for babies and adults, it won’t be damage cuticles or nail beds, 360°all-round exquisite polishing and steady speed makes toenails and fingernails softer and smoother.
- [ 6-in-1 Value Portable Set ] - Our baby nail Clippers come with 4 hight quality cushioned sandpapers file head attachment, and 2 file head attachment for adults(Including 1 special tool for CALLUS REMOVAL). The different colored nail trimmer pads are designed for different stages of babies growth and various needs. 6 nail trimmer pads suitable for all ages.
- [ Whisper Quiet and LED Light ] - The electric baby nail file equips with a whisper quiet motor, you can trim toenails and fingernails without waking up your sleeping baby. The nail care kit is created with a front LED light( the light will come on when the nail trimmer is activated), it effectively ensuring to use in the dark areas.
- [ Easier Using and Multiple Settings ] - The baby nail file electric is easy to use with only 1 button to control the speed and rotation(clockwise/counterclockwise). 360°all-round exquisite trimming and polishing makes toenails and fingernails softer and smoother.
- [ Protective and Convenient Carry Case ] - Packed in a neat case and box. It is a perfect gift for baby or adults to grind the nails. Each set comes with a travel case for easier storage and portability. Please keep this product and all of its parts out of reach of children. Small parts are a choking hazard and could result in injury or death.
The Haakaa Nail Clipper Kit is one of the best baby nail clippers worth your money. It comes with six interchangeable filing heads: four for babies and two for adults making it the best nail clipper option for my whole family use. Additionally, the heads are designed for different ages with a color-coded system making it easy to know which head does what.
Image Source: lazada.com
The nail clipper features an LED light for nighttime grooming and helps me see better and avoid my baby's delicate skin surrounding their nails. In addition, the 360-degree nail grinder allows me to trim and polish their nails without damaging the cuticles or nail beds.
I easily control the nail clipper's speed and rotation with a single button as I trim my baby's nails. Conversely, the nail clipper and pads fit into a case for easy storage, enabling me to keep everything together for travel and everyday use.
Though some users complain about the noisy motor, I use the nail clipper on my baby while asleep, and the motor never wakes her up.
3. Lupantte Safe Baby Nail Clipper & Nail File
- Safe & Effective – Super soft baby nail trimmer that won't damage cuticles or soft nail beds, safely and quickly trim and polish little toenails and fingernails.
- Whisper-Quiet & Front Light – Lupantte baby nail clippers with the whisper-quiet motor, you can trim toenails and fingernails without waking up your sleeping baby. With a LED front light aimed at fingernails, you can trim your baby’s nails even while they are sleeping or late-night feeding!
- 6 Grinding Heads – The safe electric baby nail file comes with 3 high-quality cushioned sandpapers file head attachments safe for babies and kids of all ages, 3 file head attachments for adults(Including 1 special tool for CALLUS REMOVAL). 6 nail trimmer pads suitable for all ages. Power by 2 AA batteries (NOT INCLUDE).
- Adjustable settings – the nail file is easy to use with only 1 button to control the speed and rotation, and 4 working modes (speed high or low, rotation clockwise or reverse) are 360°all-round exquisite trimming and polishing make toenails and fingernails softer and smoother. You can switch the settings from right to left hand and to different speeds to adjust the comfortable position to polish nails.
- Lupantte Technology &Service - Lupantte is dedicated to providing superior quality products and services for all. Please feel free to contact us if the baby nail trimmer electric does not satisfy you for any reason.
Lupantte Nail Clipper kit features six interchangeable grinding heads for filing, each designed for different ages; three for kids of all ages and three for adults. The yellow filing head is ideal for babies 0-3 months of age fluorescent green is perfect for 4-11 months, while mint green is designed for babies 12 months and older.
Image Source: melalatlas.com
The nail clipper features an LED light for my nighttime grooming. Besides, it is designed to gently trim and polish my baby's nails without damaging the cuticles or nail beds. On the other hand, this electric nail file is easy to use; I can control its speed and rotation with a single button as I trim my baby's nails.
The nail clipper is super quiet, and I conveniently use it on my baby while she sleeps.
4. Little Martin's Drawer Baby Nail Trimmer Kit
- Safer baby nail file that won't damage cuticles or soft nail beds, you can safely and quickly trim and polish little toenails and fingernails
- Whisper-quiet operation boasting an LED front light and whisper-quiet motor, you can trim their nails while they're sleeping without them ever knowing
- Versatile tools: these baby nail clippers come with 3 cushioned sandpapers safe for babies and children, as well as 3 attachments for adult use
- Multiple settings: control speed (high/low) and rotation (clockwise/reverse) for enhancing nail filing positions and softer, smoother nails
- Lightweight, compact design: made with a one-button design and powered by 2 AA batteries, this is the perfect baby shower gift for home or travel
Little Martin's Drawer Nail Trimmer comes with three cushioned sandpapers safe for babies and kids and three attachments for adult use. It is quite gentle, allowing me to trim and polish my baby's nails without damaging the cuticles or nail beds. Besides, the nail trimmer kit has a compact design making it easy to store. My friend gifted me this nail trimmer for my baby shower, and I love how easy it is to use.
Image Source: ebay.com
The nail clipper features an LED light for nighttime grooming and helps me see better and avoid my baby's delicate skin surrounding their nails. It also provides multiple control options, such as high or low speed and clockwise or backward rotation. Additionally, it operates quietly, making it convenient to trim your kid's fingernails while sleeping.
5. Pursonic Electric Nail Trimmer, NC1
- Innovative, Safe, & Pain Free
- No more tears from children while cutting their nails
- Fingernails and toenails are carefully trimmed into shape within a few seconds.
- Cordless battery operated Filer which makes it easy to handle.
- No more flying nails & no more mess. Cleaning brush included.
If you are looking for the best electric nail trimmer in a single pack, we recommend the Pursonic Electric Nail Filer, NC1. I love how gentle this nail trimmer is as it files nails down rather than grinding away at them. Besides, I can place my skin on the stainless steel blade without risking injury.
Image Source: walmart.com
Furthermore, I find the nail trimmer easy to use; it only takes me a few seconds to trim my baby's toe and fingernails. Like most nail clippers, PursonicNC1 uses AA batteries to operate. However, they are not included in the package.
Advantages of Electric Nail Trimmers
These nail-clipper models are quite lightweight. Therefore, they are ideal for the elderly who have reduced arm strength.
Electric nail clippers are often painless, like vacuum beard trimmers, making them the best option for babies and people with arthritis. In addition, you usually don't need to squeeze the tool since most work by grinding or filing the nail instead of actually cutting it.
iii). Less Chance of Injury
An electric nail clipper is less likely to cause injury. With standard nail clippers, it's quite normal to cut your finger accidentally. And bleeding can be worse, especially for older people with less ability to heal quickly, even from a little injury. Besides, these nail-clipper models are also ideal for people with diabetes who cut their nails.
iv). Pleasing Results
When trimming your nails with an electric nail clipper, the final results are usually more aesthetically pleasing. On the other hand, when cutting someone else's nails or toenails with a regular nail clipper, getting it in the right position might be difficult. And if you manage to do it correctly, filing is often required to ensure that the nails are even.
On the other side, an electric nail clipper provides a clean and precise finish. Besides, electric nail clippers are meant not to overcut the nail while filing it. Plus, you can get similar accurate results when using an eyebrow trimmer.
Disadvantages of Electric Nail Trimmers
i). Slow than Traditional Nail Clippers
Some users complain of the electric nail clippers being slower than regular nail clippers. However, the slow speed may be necessary to ensure safety as you trim your nails.
ii). Need to be Charged
Most electric nail trimmers must be charged. However, this isn't too inconvenient because most charge fast. Also, the charge has a long lifespan. They can go for months without the need to recharge.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Electric Nail Trimmers
When shopping for the best electric nail trimmer, it's wise to consider the size. For instance, if you intend to buy a nail trimmer for your baby, go for the smallest size because babys' nails are usually small. An overly large nail trimmer will be hard to use precisely.
Conversely, the size shouldn't be a major issue if you intend to buy the nail trimmer for personal use.
2. Type of Tool
There are a few options for clipping your baby's nails. Besides, there are three methods that entail removing the white edge of the nail to some extent: a standard nail clipper like adults use, a pair of baby nail scissors, and a nail file to grind away the excess nail. This can be done with an electric nail filer that safely files down the nail.
3. Safety Features
Your safety is paramount, whether using safe hair clipper oil alternatives or nail clippers themselves. A decent nail trimmer should have safety features such as curved edges or edge guards. Besides, curved edges usually make it far easier to avoid cutting yourself and leave the nail with a smooth, rounded finish that's less likely to scratch your infant or snag on fabrics.
Furthermore, some nail trimmers feature magnifiers and lights to help you see when trimming nails at night.
The grip is another thing to consider, especially when buying baby nail clippers. Holding a wriggling infant and a nail trimmer requires a firm grip on the clippers to avoid accidentally cutting your baby. Therefore we recommend choosing clippers with a handle that you are sure you can retain a firm hold.
5. Source of power
Electric nail trimmers have two power options: replaceable or rechargeable batteries. Regardless of your choice, ensure they can operate for a while before you have to juice it again.
6. Additional Features
Some nail trimmers include additional features such as a storage case, an LED light, special blades, a magnifier, non-slip material, or replacement pads. Though you can do without some of these features, they can make clipping nails easier and safe.
For instance, some nail trimmers have emery boards to smooth any rough edges left by the device. It is a great additional feature since it prevents your infant from scratching themself with those sharp edges.
Therefore, when shopping for the best electric nail trimmer, consider whether you are okay with or without the extra features and whether they will cost you extra money when buying.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Electric Nail Trimmer
1. When can you use regular nail clippers on a baby?
There is no general rule on when to use a regular nail clipper because newborn nail clippers are all about safety. Therefore, you will want to consider whether you're comfortable with fewer safety precautions. Besides, most electric nail clippers are suitable for kids and adults, so we encourage you to get one that your kid can use as they grow.
2. When can I start trimming my baby's nails?
As mentioned earlier, baby nails usually grow very fast, so most parents prefer to trim their baby's nails a few days after delivery. Besides, trimming the nails is one of the first hygiene tips you should learn when you go home.
3. What is the difference between a fingernail clipper and a toenail clipper?
Not all nail clippers are made the same; besides, the best tool for your toenails might not be the same as the ideal one for your fingernails. Moreover, fingernail clippers are often smaller, have less cutting power and leverage, and usually make a more curved cut.
4. Should I trim my toes wet or dry?
Since wet nails are softer, they are more prone to tear, bend, or cut unevenly. Therefore, you should cut your nails when dry for a cleaner, smoother cut.
Featured Image Source: femina.in