Do you want to achieve the best fades for stylish looks at home? Then you need to purchase the best clippers for fades. After that, you can do your fades or go to a professional hairdresser if you do not know how to. However, you need to be skilled if you want the best fades.
So, our article discusses the best hair clippers to give you a professional trim, whether you are a beginner or a professional in fading. So, let's get into the article.
Our Top Picks
1. Wahl Professional 5-Star Legend
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: Wahl's Professioanl 5-Star Legend Clipper was desgined to deliver the cutting performance that experts demand; with our innovative deep-tooth wedge blade specifically designed for smooth and clean blunt cuts; intended for professional use only
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: The 5-Star Legend clipper features an energy efficient V9000 motor that runs cooler and faster than a standard clipper. It has “crunch” blade technology for smooth clean cuts, long bottom blade, and a convenient thumb adjust taper for fades and texture
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The 5-Star Legend Clipper comes with all accessories required for professional barber use, the clipper, 8 attachment comb cutting guides, (1/8”, ¼”, 3/8”, ½”, 5/8”, ¾”, 7/8”, and 1”), cleaning brush, clipper blade oil, red blade guard and operating instructions
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The 5 Star Legend measures only 6.25” long and weighs just 1 pound; featuring an 8 foot professional grade, chemical resistant power cord. Power Frequency : 120 Volt - 60 Hertz
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to continuous improvement, the product appearance may slightly vary from the images on this listing. Wahl Professional Products purchased from an authorized dealer feature a manufacturers warranty. For sale and use in the U.S.A. only
While researching the best hair clippers for fades, the Wahl Professional 5-Star Legend was the best in producing patterned sides and edgy outlines on different hair lengths. In addition, you can use it to achieve a gradual tapering on any hair length.
Image Credits: Amazon.com
It has 8 different hair attachments, a cleaning brush, and cutting guides. Its blade is perfect for all types of fades as it has a powerhouse for fades that delivers different types of taper cuts. In addition, you can adjust the blade to your preference as it opens up to a full 1 and closes at 3.
The clipper is corded so that you won't need a battery. You can use it at home or in a barbershop. Plus, the aesthetics are appealing.
This fading clippers precision is on point; it uses a v9000 motor that is energy sufficient. As a result, the motor has a faster performance when you compare it to other cheap fade clippers.
We loved the Wahl Clippers' crunch blade technology and the taper adjustment lever that taped the length of all hair types. In addition, you can achieve all smooth fades with this blade's adjuster.
2. BaBylissPRO GoldFX Clipper
- NEW DLC Blade (Replacement blade #FX8010D)
- 5-Detent Taper Control
- All-Metal Housing
- NEW Diamond Textured Rubber Handle
- NEW 3300mAh Lithium Ion Battery Over 2-Hour Run-Time
BaByliss has been a market leader in producing the best hair clippers for fades and cuts. Their BaBylissPRO GoldFX is the best fade clipper for styling any hair length. We love how this brand provides reliable, powerfully designed clippers that are durable and gives perfect cuts every time.
Image Credits: Amazon.com
The GoldFX is among the professional hair clippers in the market; it comes with a brushless high torque motor that is robust enough to tackle all hair types easily.
It is also fitted with a DLC Titanium coated blade that compliments the motor power. The DLC- "Diamond Like Coating" feature ensures the blades are durable and corrosion-resistant. The feature also ensures the blades have a low friction coefficient, so you will enjoy cutting efficiency without snagging, staling, or pulling hair during hair trimming.
The GoldFX is also fitted with a 5 dent taper leer that enables blade adjustments. These dents ensure you get exact blade adjustments and give you freedom in designing different fades.
It is durable since it goes over metal; its dents do not wear down easily.
Since it is a cordless clipper, it has a Li-Ion battery that gives you two hours of runtime once fully charged. You can also use its corroded clipper.
The only thing we disliked about GoldFX is that its housing cylinder feels lazy or cheap on the manufacturer's side. Also, they could have done better on its ergonomics as the guard feels flimsy.
You get additional accessories such as a cordless gold hair clipper, oil, blade guard, cleaning brush, charger, 8 attachment combs, and an instruction manual.
3. Andis Professional Master Adjustable Blade Hair Clipper
- High-speed clipper offers 14,000 strokes per minute.
- Magnetic motor clipper resulting a smooth cut.
- Everlasting and Lightweight aluminum housing.
- A single lever adjusts the blade from fine to coarse: size #000 (l /50") to size # l (3/32").
- Convenient thumb-controlled side switch for one-hand on/off operation. BeauWis Blade Brush included.
We recommend the Andis Professional Master Adjustable Blade Hair Clipper for amateur and professional barbers. It has a solid design and aluminum housing that keeps it durable. In addition, it has a magnetic engine that works on wet and dry thick hair.
Image Credits: Amazon.com
We like its speed as it works on 14000 strokes per minute, giving efficient cuts each time. The blade is also adjustable from fine to coarse; it ranges from size 000 to 1 and is zero gaped.
And is Professional Master Adjustable Blade Hair Clipper also has adjustable blades that give you control while making a fade. In addition, it has a convenient side switch that you can operate one-handedly and a well-assessed Lipper. However, you can purchase mounting cams separately.
4. Oster Fast Speed
- Whisper-Quiet pivot motor is 2x more powerful than a magnetic motor clipper
- Cryogen-x blade adjusts from very close cutting (size 000) to medium length (size 1)
- Specially designed lower blade allows the hair to flow easily into cutting blades for fast & accurate performance. Four convenient comb guides 1/2", 1/4", 3/8", and blending. Lightweight Ergonomic Design reduces stress on you hands and wrist.
- PLEASE NOTE: AS PER THE MANUFACTURER, this item has been pre-lubricated and has undergone quality control inspections by the factory. This may leave oil residue or grinding compounds on the blade, which can be cleaned off using the enclosed brush.
- ALSO INCLUDES: Oster 8 pc guide comb set and Pro Design large neck duster
We recommend the Oster Fast Speed as the best barber clippers for nice fades. These awesome clippers are lightweight and do not heat up. They fit easily into your hands and make them comfortable when doing long fades.
Image Credits: Amazon.com
These fade hair clippers are known for other ergonomic design, powerful motor, durability, flexibility, and cryogen-x blades. They are designed to make the process of fading different buzz cut lengths easier.
We recommend it as the best fade hair clipper for military haircuts. An Oster fade is easy to cut and convenient for the client and barber as it produces minimal noise and vibrations.
It has a smooth taper lever that allows you to adjust the blades while fading hair.
However, we don't like that it does not come with many accessories; therefore, you will need to make extra purchases to get professional cuts. The package includes a corded clipper, 3 guide combs, lubricating oil, a cleaning brush, a blade guard, and a user manual. Unfortunately, these accessories will not guarantee a nice fade, so you must purchase others.
5. Wahl Super Taper 2
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional’s commercial grade line of products, the Super Taper Hair Clipper is intended for professional use only and is engineered to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: This ultra-powerful full size clipper offers an appealing aesthetic in addition to top-notch precision and function. The v5000 motor runs faster than a standard electromagnetic clipper, making this tool excellent for wet or dry cuts of variable taper and texture.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the Super Taper Clipper comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (3) attachment comb cutting guides (1/16”, 1/8”, and 3/16”), styling comb, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, and red blade guard.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The Super Taper (#8400) measures 6.25” long and weighs 1 lb. This product features an 8-foot, professional grade, chemical resistant cord. Clipper features a #1006 blade, v5000 electromagnetic motor, and operates at 120 volts/60 hertz.
When we discuss Wahl fade hair clippers, the Wahl Super Taper 2 is impossible, not to mention. However, the super taper 2 is known for its professional precision in fading hair since it has #1006 commercial grade blades and a powerful v5000 motor.
Image Credits: Amazon.com
It is good for fading all kinds of hair, including thick and long hair. It also comes with numerous accessories, including eight coded guide combs, blade oil, a cleaning brush, and a blade guard that makes a perfect haircutting kit.
An outstanding feature of the super taper 2 is that it is lightweight and has an intuitive design that is comfortable to grip. It also has a smooth taper lever that makes fading easy.
It has an 8 feet long power cord that maximizes your flexibility easily while doing fades such as the 1,2,3.
However, we dislike its plastic casing since it makes it look and feel cheap. Plus, it does not include suppression measures that minimize vibrations from its powerful v5000 motor. On the other hand, the Wahl Super taper 2 includes a stylish Wahl super taper 2 corded clipper, a blade oil, blade guard, 8 guide combs, a styling comb, a cleaning brush, and a user manual.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Clippers for Fades
It would help if you went with your budget while purchasing the best clippers for fades. Also, go fo for clippers that offer value for your money. Not all expensive clippers give the best fades and vice versa. Do your research on a product before you buy one.
2. Ease Of Use
Ensure the clipper you buy is user-friendly. For example, clippers do not automatically fade; you must know the fading skill. However, if you have a clipper and a clipper oil that is safe to use, it will make your work easier.
3. Motor Power
Clippers with strong motor power provide the energy to cut through all hair types easily.
Go for clippers that have good quality blades. Good blades are convenient as they cut through hair with ease. They also do not require a lot of maintenance.
5. Recharge Time
Recharge time only matters in cordless clippers. However, it would help if you looked at the clipper's run time within a short recharging period. It is important to take note of this, especially when you are running a busy barber shop.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Clippers for Fades
1. Which Clippers Are Good for Fades?
There are specialized clippers for fades, but most professional clippers do a good fade, provided they come with the right blades and combs. However, fading is a skill; whether you have the right clippers or not, the tool will not help much.
2. What Tools Do You Need to Make a Good Fade Haircut?
You will require one of the best clippers for fades, including a foil shaver, a com, a mirror, a brush, and #0.5, #1, and #3 guards.