Doesn't it feel great when, at the end of the day, you get to kick off your work shoes, in which you've been standing up all day? And then you finally get to put on your favorite pair of lazy slippers, sandals, or, (if it's hot out) arch support flip-flops?
Best Flip Flops With Arch Support For Women
1. FitFlop Lulu Thong Sandal
- Wedge sandal featuring solid-tone thong strap with embossed logo at side
- MICROWOBBLEBOARD midsole technology f
If you want to purchase only one pair of flip-flops for the season, then you should try out the FitFlop Lulu Thong Sandal. These leather LULUS are made from minimalist leather, ensuring that they will not break down within a month or so. They are durable, taking you from one season to the other.
They are gorgeous, simple and minimalist, featuring a classic triangle on the top. They give your feet amazing ergonomic comfort. Other features include the micro-fiber lined upper that provides you with a soothing and comfortable effect during your walk. It also has a height-enhancing midsole.
For shock absorption, they come with the biomechanically engineered, ultra-comfortable standard Microwobbleboard midsole. This midsole also gives you diffusion of underfoot pressure instantly. In addition, they have a built-in arch contour that provides a generous fit. They don’t even need a break-in period since they fit straight out of the box.
The styling is very classic, while the broad instep panel keeps it strapped to narrow feet snugly. You can wear them anywhere since they are pretty dressy as well.
2. OluKai Ohana Sandal
- Water-resistant synthetic leather strap with soft, quick-drying Lycra knit lining and neoprene backer.
- Anatomical compression-molded EVA midsole with a non-slipping brushed EVA drop-in footbed for comfort and support.
- Non-marking rubber or gum rubber outsole with perimeter razor siping for grip on wet surfaces.
- Soft nylon toe post webbing, contrast strap lining, and laser etched HLA footbed logo.
- 20110 4848, 20110 4848, 20110 5K40, 20110 6B48, 20110 1848, 20110 8H40
The Olukai Ohana is one of the best flip flops with good arch support. They are highly rated all over the world due to their overall quality, versatility, style, durability and comfort. So whether you are doing short hikes, bike riding, lounging around or just fetching groceries; you can wear these comfortably everywhere you go.
They feel broken in when you put them on for the first time. And it will conform to your feet, providing good comfort immediately. They are super supportive and incredibly comfortable. Apart from the microfiber footbed that conforms to the foot instantly, it has been linked with a material known as ICEVA for a velvety feel.
You can wear them for different occasions. In terms of fit, they have been sized well. If you wear a size 12, it is advisable to maybe go for a size 11.5. Although they might start out as a little too snug, they will stretch slightly after some time for a perfect fit. Unlike other flip flops, the toe strap fitted on this one is extremely soft.
This eliminates the chances of developing blisters pretty much completely. Featuring compression-molded EVA midsoles, together with ICEVA drop-in footbed, you will feel as if you are walking on clouds. The arch is supportive and firm. It provides a personalized feel.
Proper lateral and medial support reduces pains and aches while promoting a healthier functioning of the foot. In addition, it has a generous toe box, allowing the natural movement of your toes. The OluKai Ohanas are very popular, and for a good reason. They give you great balance and excellent comfort.
3. Orthaheel by Vionic Tide Sequins Orthotic Sandals
- Man-made Upper. EVA Footbed. Durable Rubber Outsole. If you are a half size, we recommend ordering the nearest size down.
- Received APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association) Seal of Acceptance
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE SANDALS: Sequin and you shall find! Outshine the others when you wear this sparkly little sandal. Its good looks complement its flexible midsole, which packs a ton of comfort for you in every step.
- VIO MOTION SUPPORT is concealed within every Vionic shoe, supporting every step from the ground up so you can confidently move in unmatched comfort. Full biomechanical contact hugs your foot's natural curves, providing essential support in all of our casual, dress and active shoes and slippers.
Adorned with sequins, these sandals are guaranteed to provide you with the all-day comfort you need wherever you go. When it comes to fit, they are true to size. They aim to reduce stress on your ankles, knees and feet. They feature orthaheel technology, together with orthotic support for realigning the feet.
For traction, they have a durable rubber outsole. It is able to maintain a good grip on different surfaces. If you are looking for flip-flops for wide feet, then the Orthaheel by Vionic Tide Sequins Orthotic Sandals are a good choice. They have built-in, pronounced arch support, which makes walking very comfortable and easy.
These flip flops with metatarsal support will see to it that you will not suffer from any more pain in the ball of your foot. They are very lightweight as well. The moment they come into contact with water or moisture, they dry very fast in the sun. This is because they have a quick dry lining.
So if you have plantar fasciitis, which negatively impacts the quality of your life, these are good sandals to go for. From the moment you wear them, your heel pain will start to decrease. They have a footbed that has a deep heel cup and a contoured arch support to improve stability. It supports flat feet and keeps the foot in its natural position.
These flip-flops are very successful in controlling overpronation. Other great features include a woven, soft toe post, built-in orthotic footbed, deep heel cup for alignment and stability and a durable TPR outsole fitted with a geometric tread pattern for reliable traction.
4. Vionic Karina Toe Post Sandal
- Leather or Printed Leather or Man-Made. EVA Footbed. Durable Rubber Outsole. Adjustable buckle strap. Received American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance.
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE SANDALS: The beloved Rest Karina toe-post sandal features adjustable leather straps and a bold metal ring detailing the vamp. In two bold hues, it's sure to be the cherry on top of any ensemble.
- LEADING IN COMFORT: Wear your new Vionic footwear for just a few hours for the first few days to allow your feet to adjust to the new level of orthotic comfort and support. Within one to two weeks, you should find the product completely comfortable.
- MAINTAINING YOUR WOMENS THONG SANDALS: To clean, wipe away dirt and dust with a dry cotton cloth. Do not submerge in water or use solvents to clean products. Do not expose to extreme temperatures.
- VIONIC SHOES: The innovative biomechanics of THREE-ZONE COMFORT deliver enhanced stability with a deep heel cup, superior forefoot cushioning, and ultimate arch support midsole. These essential contact points hug your foot's natural curves in all of our casual, dress, active, and slipper styles. Experience the Vionic difference: on-trend fashion, unmatched fit, and feel-great wellness from the ground up. Vionic: Style You Want, Comfort You Crave.
Flirty and fun is the right description for these amazing sandals. They feature a bold metal ring, taking their style from simplicity to sensational. A podiatrist recommended footbed, featuring orthaheel technology, provides additional comfort. So whether you are going for a night out on the town or spending a weekend at the beach, they are perfect for different occasions.
The upper has been fitted with an adjustable buckle, which allows them to be worn by people with all sorts of foot widths. A flexible, lightweight EVA midsole absorbs shocks and reduces the stress exerted on the knees, ankles and feet. The rubber outsoles have been designed with a wave-patterned tread. The tread offers reliable traction when walking or standing on different surfaces.
The biomechanical podiatrist-designed an orthotic footbed that has a deep heel cup. Its Orthaheel technology provides support and stability. In addition, it realigns feet to their natural position. It has been recommended by podiatrists as the ideal for plantar fasciitis flip flop. It helps in relieving common causes of knee and heel pain associated with flat feet and over-pronation.
The fit is true to size. It also does not require a break-in period. They have been recommended by Dr. Andrew Weil.
5. Rainbow Sandals Premier Leather Double Stack
- Double Layer Premier Leather
- 1/2" Narrow Leather Strap
- Double stitched
- Box X Toe Construction
- Non-Slip Rainbow Bottom Sole
These sandals are among the most comfortable in the market today. A double Rainbow layer provides your foot with extra room for sinking in when walking or standing. In addition, these narrow strap sandals give your feet a feeling of comfort without feeling squeezed or compressed. These have been designed to serve you for a long time, without the need for an extra pair of sandals.
They are super comfortable, and the construction is top quality. If you are looking for extra padding and support, then the double leather stack will do the job just fine. The break-in period is minimal. This means that you will be able to walk comfortably in them after that without experiencing any pain or discomfort.
They mold to your feet within a short period. On the other hand, the footbed is made of soft and smooth leather, giving your feet a velvety platform to rest on. Leather footbeds are preferred because they breathe easily and do not retain bad odors like synthetics do. In addition, the arch support is great and allows for easy movement.
Typical Complaints About Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops?
1. They may take a little time to get used to, depending on how much you hate having super strong heel support.
2. You will never get ankle support (or even full foot support) from sandals.
3. A new pair of flip flops can cost more than simply adding an orthotic to slippers or shoes you already own.
Clinical Research Into Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops
To the best of my knowledge, there have been no studies performed in the area of wearing flip flops for plantar fasciitis. However, there have been a few studies over the past few years which have shown the efficacy of making use of orthotics. Orthotics in combination with other treatment options.
One study that I recall reading had been performed in order to find out what benefits foot orthotics would have in those suffering from plantar fasciitis. When this study ended after 4 weeks, it was concluded that orthotic correction has helped participants increase the function of their feet.
It decreased their foot pain in a matter of weeks, thereby increasing the quality of their lives. In addition, there are plenty of flips flops on the market today, which have been designed with foot orthotics in mind. They will correct your excessive overpronation and give you strong arch support.
There was another trial that I have heard of, which has studied the long-term and the short-term benefits of wearing foot orthoses in combination with night splints. Based on these peer-reviewed-studies, I would say that it is safe to assume that if you are suffering from plantar fasciitis, wearing night shin splints in combination with wearing supportive sandals will help you cure your heel pain. Of course, I haven't told you anything you didn't know already, but now you have it confirmed.
There are plenty of options for those of you who want to wear plantar fasciitis flip flops with arch support. Many of these that I have reviewed are designed to help you support your high or low arches. There are also plenty of reviews to check out in case you need some more convincing.
While sandals will never give you the same amount of support as shoes do, the ones I have reviewed above are definitely comfortable enough that you can wear them for hours on end. Some of them won't even flop, despite being flip-flops.
These non-flopping flips can be a really great option for people who want their sandals to fit their feet as closely, comfortably and snugly as possible.
All in all, any treatment plan for heel pain should be focused on providing your feet with constant, non-stop support. For those of you who want a bit more comfort and breathability at the end of a long working day, supportive flip-flops can really help you out.
Thanks to your sandals, you'll never have to go barefoot (read: without support). Please always make sure that your feet have the support they need to prevent future foot pain or heal existing heel pain.