If you're like me, you like to stand tall and firm. In that case, combat, army or military boots might be your thing. Combat boots are called that for a reason. Usually, they are worn by soldiers during combat, either live or just training. They are usually black and made leather and rubber. The combination of materials chosen, doesn't usually make a difference in the sturdiness of the boot. It's just a matter of taste. A personal preference, so to say. Most of them are waterproof, because it's essential that they protect the wearer from cold water coming in direct contact with their skin. You can't fight a good fight when you're feet are freezing. When the feet suffer, the wearer's entire performance will suffer. This is unacceptable in real life combat situations.
There is a surprising amount of technology behind the army boot. Most of these technologies have also leaked into the manufacturing of hiking boots. Think about Gore-Tex nylon side panels, for example. These will give you much better comfort and will also improve ventilation. This technology originates in this type of boot, but has also been incorporated into modern hiking boots nowadays. Gore-Tex is a very suitable material for making boots like these, because the material is both waterproof as well as breathable. This is a golden combination of properties not found in most other materials.
The very first military boots were used by the Roman empire, many hundreds of years ago. These soldiers used to be supplied with so called hobnail boots. And to this very day, you can still buy boots with hobnails. Hobnails are nails on the front sole of the boots. They are used for getting better traction. It can really help when you're going uphill, or even up a wall. This is sometimes required when you are in a serious combat situation. Hobnails can also help you win a fight with your enemy. I sure hope you won't run into such a situation when you are simply enjoying your hobnail shoes in everyday civilian life.
Top 5 Best Combat Boots For Women Reviews
1. Dr. Martens 1460 Originals Eight-Eye Lace-Up Boot
- The Original: The iconic 8-eye boot with a narrower design for women; Made with all the classic Doc’s details, including grooved sides, yellow stitching and heel-loop
- Air-Cushioned: Dr. Martens famous “bouncing” AirWair soles are comfortable, oil and fat resistant and provide good abrasion and slip resistance
- Made like no other: Boots built to pound the pavement; The leather upper and sole are heat-sealed together for exceptional durability
- Authentic as you: Made with classic leather that only gets better with time; Use Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam to protect the leather and keep your boots clean, soft and supple
- Kick the norm: From utilitarian work boot to cultural icon, Dr. Martens became a symbol of self-expression; Stand up, stand out and wear them well
This brand has been producing leather footwear for many decades. They have managed to penetrate almost every niche of our society. Although their footwear is mostly associated with young people, you will still encounter the occasional middle aged vet wearing these boots. In terms of construction, high-grade leather has been used, as well as heavy gauge, tough thread.
This, combined with certain unique construction elements, all come together to produce a very comfortable, long wearing and attractive boot. These lovable boots have been on the market for quite some time, bearing the trustworthy history associated with this brand. The sole has been constructed using a chunky, strong material, known to be durable. It will give you a good gait for sure.
Their height is comfortable, with the classic pull-tab on the rear for easy removal. From the arch, the shaft measures around 7 inches, giving adequate protection to the ankles. The heel is slightly raised to give you a better and more natural forward motion in your walk. The boot opening is around 11 inches, for easy slipping in. The upper comes with a smooth finish.
On top of that, there is the Dr. Martens air cushion outsole, which is fat and oil resistant to make sure that it offers good traction under any circumstance. Featuring Goodyear welt construction, the sole and the upper are sewn together and heat-sealed. They provide great comfort and a good grip, keeping you standing straight up firmly every minute of every day.
2. DailyShoes Military Combat Lace up Mid Calf High Pocket Boots
- TRAVEL LIGHT WITH EASE 3-inch by 3.5-inch zippered storage pocket gives you a place to stow your cash, credit cards, pocket knife, keys and other small essentials
- PERFECTLY SIZED 9.75-inch shaft and 13-inch circumference to comfortably fit women of a variety of sizes
- RUGGEDLY CRAFTED --With the DailyShoes Women's Military Combat Boots with Pocket, you can easily walk on all types of terrains. The slip-resistant rubber sole has a special traction grip that will keep you on your feet on slippery floors, icy sidewalks and loose gravel. The boots are constructed out of heavy-duty vegan leather that resists wear and tear, making these boots perfect for work or play.
- ULTRA SECURE Tough zipper design won't wear out with frequent wear and is made to stay up to keep your valuable items safe
- COMFORT ASSURED Padded insole cushions your foot as you walk. lace-up front allow you to adjust the fit for optimal support
If you are tired of carrying a bag for storing a few small items when exploring outdoors or shopping, these combat boots will allow you to travel lighter, while still giving you a stylish look. A 3.5 inch by 3-inch zippered side storage pocket gives you lots of space, in which you can store your credit cards, cash, pocketknife, and keys, among other small items.
The boot has a great size, with a shaft measuring 9.75 inches, with a 13-inch circumference, that can comfortably accommodate different sizes of female feet. Thanks to the rugged construction, these boots will allow you to cover all sorts of terrain. A slip-resistant rubber outsole provides special traction grip, keeping you stable on your feet even when walking on icy sidewalks, slippery floors, or loose gravel. These boots have been crafted using full grain, heavy-duty leather able to resist wear and tear.
All this combined, makes these great boots perfect for casual or work wear. The ultra secure tough zipper does not wear out with ease even when it is worn frequently. It has been designed to last long, ensuring your valuables are always going to remain safe. The padded cushion insoles, provide your feet with great comfort while walking. A lace-up front allows easy fit adjustment, for optimal support.
3. Dr. Martens 1490 W 10 Eye Boot
- Mid-high combat boot featuring ten-eyelet lacing and logoed heel loop
The Dr. Martens 1490 is a great pair of combat boots for women, which is comfortable and made of high-quality materials. Their uppers are made of full-grain leather upper, which can comfortably withstand harsh environments and climates for many years. Also, these shoes are exceptionally versatile. Whether you want to wear them for a date, or for work, you can rest assured that they will keep your feet safe and comfortable. Apart from that, you can use these combat boots for hiking or motorcycle riding.
Regardless of where or how you use them, your feet will not hurt or experience any form of discomfort, thanks to their comfortable interior. Also, the interior is spacious, which means you can use custom orthotics for additional support and comfort, without interfering with their fit. Their shaft extends approximately 8 inches from the arch, which should be enough to protect your legs against the elements. Apart from that, they feature a 10-eyelet lacing system, designed to give you a customized fit, while making sure that your feet are secure. They also come with a pull-on tab at the rear, which provides an easy on and off.
4. DREAM PAIRS Women's Pu Knee High Riding Combat Boots
- Design in USA
- Rubber TPR outsole, Faux fur lining
- Heel Height: 1.25"
- Platform Measures: 0.5"(approx), Shaft Height: 16.5"(approx)
- Military-inspired combat boot, Fishished with a fully padded faux fur interior
If you are looking for a comfortable pair of women’s combat boots, then you should check out the DREAM PAIRS Women's Pu Knee High Riding Combat Boots. They feature a durable but lightweight construction, thus making them great combat boots for hunting, walking, hiking or motorcycle riding. Wherever you use these shoes, you are assured that they will deliver a great performance.
Their upper is made of two different materials – canvas and premium cow leather. The combination of these materials makes them breathable and sturdy. You can use them across different environments, and they will not expose your feet to the elements. And with a lacing system that extends all the way to the shin, you can rest assured that they will give you a secure and customized fit, throughout the day.
Their interior features a removable insole. Therefore, you can easily replace it with a customized orthotic insole, if the need arises. Furthermore, their insoles feature anti-microbial properties, which prevent the build of bad odors while keeping your feet healthy and fresh. Also, they are equipped with a side zipper, as well as dual pull-on tabs at the rear, making it easy to put them on and off. When you throw in the durable and grippy rubber outsole, you have a versatile pair of combat boots for women, which you can wear throughout the year.
5. DREAM PAIRS Women's Winter Lace up Mid Calf Combat Riding Military Boots
- Design in USA
- Rubber TPR outsole, Faux fur lining
- Heel Height: 1", Platform Measures: 0.5"(approx)
- Military-inspired combat boot with built in pocket wallet for keys, credit cards and cash
- Top opening circumference: 11.5" (approx)
These women’s military combat boots come with a fold-over cuff, allowing them to be worn in two separate ways. They feature a round toe and a very roomy toe box for easy flexing and movement of the toes. A lace-up front means that you can tie the laces all the way up, or you can just fold them over the boot. Whichever style you prefer, it is entirely up to you. The shank and cuff are lined with fur, giving your feet the warm comfort they deserve.
The quilted design is the icing on the cake. The shaft measures around 8 inches from the arch, giving your ankle better support and protection. They have a slightly cushioned insole, a lug sole, plus a soft internal lining for all day warmth and comfort. They also come with a back zipper, which allows quickly getting it on and off. At the top opening, there is a small piece of subtly hidden, elastic band, which further increases its good fit. A finished rubber outsole ensures that you get plenty of traction on various surfaces. The sole is man made, while the rest is synthetic.
Top 5 Best Combat Boots For Men Reviews
1. Rocky C4T Tactical Boot
- Mid-length boot featuring speed-lacing hardware, 550-cord laces, and durable rubber sole
- Water-resistant and fast-drying
The Rocky C4T Tactical Boot is among the best combat boot to be found. With its lightweight performance, you can go through your multi hour work schedule, without weighing down your feet. The boot is highly comfortable to wear during normal activities. On the other hand, it is durable and sturdy enough to handle tough trails and terrains. The boot features a simplistic and classic design. They are true to size, unless you prefer wearing thick socks. In that case, it is advisable to order half a size up. When you are hunting in the wilderness, you don’t want to be slowed down by your gear. That is why this tactical boot by Rocky was designed to guarantee that your movement and mobility are going to be swift and easy.
The boot has been crafted using a synthetic leather upper. The upper has faux Molle strap details on there, to give it a good look. A laced and durable shaft, will give you a tight yet snug fit. Additionally, the rubber outsole and molded EVA provide comfort and traction, wherever you may roam. The craftsmanship that went into the making of this boot, is obviously top-notch. Overall, the boot is extremely comfortable and strong. You can never go wrong with Rocky, since they have established a strong reputation when it comes to producing tactical, outdoor, and hunting footwear of super high quality.
2. Palladium Pampa Hi Canvas Boot
- 100% Vegan with no animal product in the upper including the glue
- MATERIALS: 14 oz canvas for upper / 6 oz canvas for lining
- SOCKLINER: die cut EVA + heel cup / cover in polyester
- BRANDING: Woven label on tongue | Side label on quarter / Rubber patch on quarter / Printed logo on tongue lining
- FEATURES: Laces / Non-removable insole
A combination of a high-top sneaker and a combat boot. That’s pretty much what describes the Palladium Pampa Hi Canvas Boot. It offers high durability and dependability, no matter how rough you are going to go on them. Although it is made of canvas, it will give you high performance, even on some of the toughest terrains.
A high-walled rubber outsole with deep treads, provides reliable grip and traction. The reinforced toe protects your toes from bumps against rocks and tree trunks. In terms of fit, just order your normal size, because they are true to size according to most Amazon buyers. You are unlikely to experience any chafing in these boots, even when you wear them all day long. The kid’s edition of these boots (also available on Amazon) have been fitted with zippers on both sides of the laces, to make putting on and off a little easier on them. If you happen to have narrow feet and they feel roomy, you can make them fit better by adjusting the tightness of the laces. Once you put them on, you will have really great support and comfort.
The canvas used in making these Palladium Pampas is flexible. This is good news for people who own socks of various thicknesses. It makes it that much easier to wear them in both summer and winter. In terms of style, they are available in different colors. They are very sturdy and amazingly lightweight. Additionally, the ridged soles give you really good. The boots are also available in 100% waterproof leather, making them very suitable for hiking during wet weather or even crossing streams or creeks.
3. Smith & Wesson Footwear Men's Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots - 8"
- SMITH & WESSON FOOTWEAR Men Breach 2.0 8" Side Zip, Color: Black, Size: 10, Width: R (810201-10)
Smith & Wesson is a brand renowned for remarkable quality, great craftsmanship as well as attention to detail. And with the Breach 2.0 tactical boots, you are getting a pair of boots that can comfortably take you from the desert to the mountains. These combat boots for men are designed to endure tough working conditions and rough terrains while keeping your feet comfortable. They feature a steel shank beneath EVA midsoles, thus maintaining proper posture for your arches. Thanks to this technology, you will experience minimal signs of fatigue. Apart from their cushioning and comfort, these boots also come with rubberized outsoles, which supply traction and grip.
One of the main features of these combat boots for hiking is their well-balanced ratio when it comes to weight and protection. The combination of nylon and leather provides a lightweight fit as well as long-lasting durability. With these boots, you can face your daily activities with the assurance that your shoes will deliver and endure intensity. Also, these boots are fitted with a gusseted tongue, designed to protect your feet against debris. On the other hand, the HydroGuard waterproof technology ensures that your feet will not become wet when it rains.
4. Original S.W.A.T. Metro Air 9-Inch Side-Zip Tactical Boot
- 70% Nylon/30% Leather
- Visible heel air cell for impact absorption and comfort
- Double-stitched upper with 3-ply bonded nylon thread for extended durability
- Custom-molded phylon EVA midsole for lightweight comfort and cradled support
- Airport friendly nylon shank for lightweight support and fatigue control
If you are looking for sturdy and durable tactical boots, then you should consider the Original S.W.A.T. Metro Air 9-Inch Side-Zip Tactical Boot. With this boot, you can pass through metal detectors without activating all the bells and whistles. This is very important, if you happen to be in a rush at the airport. Another great feature of this boot, is the fact that it is designed with a low profile together with a slip resistant outsole, giving you good grip on unstable, tiny surfaces, such as ladder rungs.
This ensures that your footing is stable, on various surfaces. The leather material used to make these very comfortable S.W.A.T. boots, is polishable. On top of that, your feet are sure to have the necessary comfort, thanks to the air cushioned midsole. A synthetic liner wicks away moisture and perspiration. The denier nylon shank provides ample support to your feet, while at the same time being lightweight.
5. Lace up Military Combat Work Desert Ankle Boot
- SUGGESTED FIT: 1/2 Size Smaller Than Your Current Shoe Size.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Made With Top Tier Hand Crafted Durable Synthetic Leather For Extra Comfort, Durability, and Water Resistance. Our Cap Toe Boots Men Include Nylon Waxed Laces, Which are Not Only Water Resistant But Also Stay Tightened For Longer Periods of Time.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: Our Padded Interior, Triple Stitched Exterior and Rubber Soles Provide Flexibility, Comfort, Durability, Impact Resistance and Traction With Every Step You Take, Making Them Ideal For Any Activity, Climate, Work and Rugged Outdoor Environment. Our Boots work Hard So You Don’t Have to!
- ANKLE SUPPORT: Every Boot Is Designed To Protect and Stabilize Your Mid Range Ankle Area From Many Activities, Offering You A 7-Slot and Buckle Lacing Mechanism For Complete and Reliable Support. We Have Also Incorporated a Heel Tab and Heavy Duty Zipper to Not Only Prevent Heel Folds During Foot Entry but To Create A Stress-Free On/Off Motion. (NOTE: Our Metal Buckle Does NOT Offer Additional Support).
- WARRANTY & CARE: Reliable Customer Service Is Our #1 Priority. Here at Conal International, We Readily Offer a 30-Day Money Back Guaranteed and 90-Day Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty. Which Covers (Manufacturing & Material Defects). For Maximum Usage, We Suggest That You Hand Wash and Lay Flat To Air Dry. Our products are NOT Washer/Dryer Safe.
Stride with military strength and confidence, with this military work boot from Ferro Aldo. The color and style of these lace up boots is really great. They look vintage, classy and sharp. The sole is man-made and the upper is made of leather and synthetic. The interior is made of soft leather, to keep your feet comfortable when you are working long days. The heel is approximately 1 inch, to give you good comfort and performance.
The boots are very durable and comfortable, and can be worn on different occasions. They not only look good when working, but also when worn casually. The sole is grippy and tough, with a tread pattern that can provide traction even on slippery and wet surfaces. The lace-up closure allows you to adjust the boots to your fit. They run slightly on the big side. In some cases, it is advisable to order half a size smaller than what you normally wear.
How To Find The Best Combat Boots?
There are so many different kind of army boots that it can be hard to choose which one is best for you. But I'm not just talking about different brands here. I'm also talking about countries of origin. Every single country in the world has its own army (well, almost every country has its own army). And every army has a different kind of boot for their soldiers.
The army boots that a civilian can buy on Amazon are, as far as I know, the very same combat boots that they were in the actual military. While the military usually wears high cut boots, you can also get low cut boots. These are usually ankle boots for women, though. Speaking of which... if you're a woman that wants to look cute, yet tough... feminine, yet bold... then be sure to have a look at these pink combat boots. They're totally cute!!!
You can read more about all different kinds of footgear at the REI website. It's a great source of information and I've learned a lot from them.
But you can buy boots from more than one country in your own country. Go take a look in a mall if there's still one open near you. Enter any shoe store and you'll probably find a pair of Australian Terra combat boots in there. These are a very popular import boot for some reason. I don't know why, because no boot has ever received more complaints than the Autralian one. It's got rotting soles in hot climates and whatnot. Totally useless.
Thankfully, Australians aren't the only ones that know how to manufacture a military boot. There are plenty of other countries who produce them, such as the UK, France, Sweden, Norway, Spain, South Africa, Argentina, Germany, Belgium, Etc.
Every country has its very own, distinct type of military boot. So there's something to go around for everybody. Most of my USA readers will probably be on the patriotic side and go for a USA boot. Nothing wrong with that. I own a pair of made in the USA army boots myself. But then again, there's also nothing wrong with going for a German boot or a Swiss boot. These look pretty good too. Especially the older classic ones. But you can get reproductions from the old ones. It'll be like taking a step (pun intended) back in time, except you're not stuck with decades of wear and tear on your boots already.
Who would have thought that military style boots would ever be a considered a fashion item? Well, it's true. For many years already, these types of boots are worn not only by military personnel, but also by artsy smartsy people that want to make a fashion statement. And truth be told, army boots can make a person look like a million bucks. They're not just for trampling all over your enemy, they're for showing the world how much taste you've got!
Not only have these boots become popular because of the fashion statement that you can make with them. No... they're also very long lasting. They're made for lasting a long time, because soldiers put a lot of stress on their boots for a long period of time when they are behind enemy lines and engaging in actual survival situations. A pair of shoes that loses its soles is no good for a soldier boy. Because of the economy, people have taken a turn to the army boot because they want to get a lot of bang for their buck. And bang for your buck you shall have when you take out your wallet for a good pair of military boots.
Another great advantage to army boots is the fact that you can wear them all year long. Sure, it gets boring after a while... but from a purely functional point of view, it's just downright practical. When wearing black leather Gore-Tex rubber boots made in the USA, you've got yourself a boot that is both waterproof as well as breathable.
The waterproofness (for lack of a better word) will help you keep your feet warm and dry in the winter. The breathability (also for lack of a better word) will help you keep your feet cool and dry in the summer.
If you're dead serious about having lots of breathing room for your feet in the summer, then maybe you should consider getting an extra pair of hiking sandals. Because no matter how breathable a boot is, it's never going to be as breathable as any open type of footwear such as a sandal.
There's some type of footwear to go around for everybody. Just make sure you've made up your mind about what it is that you want before you make your purchase. This is especially true if you're buying cheap, low priced boots at a discount online from Amazon (or any other retailing outlet for that matter). Oh, and be sure to check your size too!