Growing out a beard requires patience and care. It needs a lot of maintenance or it will turn out to be an undesirable bush. You need to wash it and moisturise it daily at least once but preferably twice.
Most Men think while growing beard they shouldn’t trim but that’s not actually true. To grow a full beard you need to groom it regularly. You should be cleaning the neck area, cheek area and moustache weekly or once in every two weeks depending on how fast your beard grow.
For proper maintenance and frooming of your long beard you need a good quality beard trimmer which dont ruin your weeks of hardwork.
We know choosing the right beard trimmer could be very exausting so to make things easier for you, here is a list of best beard trimmers for long beards
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
- Philips Norelco Series 9000
- Philips Norelco Series 5000 (Budget Pick)
- Braun Series 7 (Best Overall)
- Braun Electric Razor Series 3
- Panasonic GB80-S
Philips Norelco Series 9000
First one in our list is the Philips Norelco series 9000 trimmer. The quality is great as expected from Philips. It has various length settings which makes it a great option for long beards.
Lets list down the Pros and Cons of this trimmer
- Self-sharpening steel precision blades
- Build Quality is extremely good
- does not cause any skin irritation
- Can be washed with water
- comes with a case for attachments
- Great battery life, lasts up to 6 hours with 1 hour of charging
- Have too many separate pieces
- Not suitable for travel
- Blades not covered under warranty
Braun Series 3
This one is from Braun another well known brand for trimmer and electric shavers. They manufacture their products in germany so they are of really high qulity.
Here are the Pros and Cons of this trimmer
- comes with 5 guards
- comes with a cleaning and charging station
- battery lasts a long time
- Shave is not that good
- foil cutting head breaks easily
Philips Norelco Series 5000
Another trimmer from philips norelco series. If you are on a tight budget or dont want to spend too much on a trimmer( Although its worth spending) then this is the best option for you.
Here are the Pros and Cons
- Lasts up to 3 hours with 1 hour of charging
- comes with 18 attachments
- Not Waterproof
- No battery indicator
- Many people have reported that it stops working in a few months
This one is from panasonic a well known japanese brand. The trimmer provides good performance at a very resonable price point.
- Charges quickly
- Comes with 3comb attachments and provides 39 precision settings
- Difficult to find the comb replacements
- Breaks Fairly easily and service is not that good.
Braun Series 7
Another Braun trimmer in this list, again the build quality is brilliant and so is the performance. Although its a bit expensive but this is probably the best beard trimmer currently in the market.
- 4 shaving elements
- Skin guard present
- Comes with cleaning center
- Completely Waterproof
- Replacement foils cost a lot